Axle part identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After my axles have been torn apart for three weeks, this morning I just discovered a broken part I cant identify. I have been thru the FAQ over and over again and cant find it on the diagrams.

I lost my bearing and had to replace the birf and spindle. Per the diagram it look just like part number 43211R. (the brass fitting the slide into the spindle. Except it is larger and fits over the outside of the spindle. It only slides half way down the shaft.

I dont know what it is or where it goes. The no lip side is jagged and it was ripped apart when I lost my bearing. It sort of looks like a bearing race with a lip on onside, except it isnt tapped like a race.

Any photos? Sounds like it could be part of the inner race of the outer wheel bearing. Normally the rollers and cage are assembled as one piece with the inner race; this may just be a leftover part from the chewed up original bearing.

That's the brass bushing that goes into the spindle.

Those are sourceable either as the old style brass bushing or the upgraded roller bearing/brass bushing combination.

If you bought a new spindle the spindle should have came with a brass bushing.
-o-

Beno correct. The old spindle had a brass bushnng that slid into the flared end of the spindle. THe new spindle I bought has the fitting fixed inside and does not come out. This peice is just like that but larger in diameter. The unfarred end is completted jagged 360 around like it was ripped loose. So im not sure if it broke of something or is its own part. I know I'm not articulating well. Been up 21 hours and am trying to source a new axle seal for the one I blew the sring out of last night. BTW THANKS TONS FOR ALL YOUR HELP the last few weeks!

96r50 DING DING DING!!! You pegged it. Went back outside. It is the inner ring of the wheel bearing!! Thanks guys I'm learing. Sincerlly thanks for all your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom