Auxillary fusebox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About a year ago I had the bright idea to add auxillary outlets to my Cruiser - https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/407097-ideas-adding-auxillary-12v-dc-115v-ac-outlets.html

I finally started with the Installation of a auxillary fuse box from BlueSea Amazon.com: Fuse Block Ato 6 Circuit With Ground: Sports & Outdoors

Lucky for me it bolts up directly above the dead pedal. I removed 2 of the phillips screws for the control unit and replaced it with longer screws.

I will wire up the 12v plugs that were sourced from Beno.
IMG_20110620_141028.jpg
IMG_20110630_195247.jpg
IMG_20110620_140911.jpg

I sourced the 6 gauge wires and connections from McMaster-Carr Lucky for me their warehouse is in NJ so I got everything in 2 days

Nice location man, I'll likely steal the idea for my own rig.

i just bought a blue sea box and it is very nice. i got the 12 fuse model with no ground block. I ahvent moounted it up yet but will up pics when i do.

p8nt said:
Nice location man, I'll likely steal the idea for my own rig.

Thanks. Thats what Mud is about.

It was an easy install plus easy access to run wires to battery

12V Outlets & Dual Battery Monitor Installed

I have made small progress with my goal of more power.
Dual Battery Votage Monitor from AU install
Dual 12V outlet with constant voltage installed
CIMG0258.jpg
CIMG0259.jpg
2011-10-03_00-17-42_710.jpg

those outlets are nice, color matched too

what do those run $$ wise if you don't mind telling?

do you know if they have gray ones?

those outlets are nice, color matched too

what do those run $$ wise if you don't mind telling?

do you know if they have gray ones?

I can take a look and let you know. I got them from Beno/CDan a while now. If the Sequoia has grey interior then they should be available.

After you get everything wired up do the plugs lose power when you shut the truck off or do they have constant power to them?

They will have constant power. The separate fuse box allows me to do that.

Do you have a link to that Voltage meter? I'm interested in getting one for my dual battery setup.

I know I said I am pretty simple when it comes to electricity but I would like to go this route when I get everything put together for my dual battery system:

BEZELS AND MIKE HOLDERS FOR THE FZJ80 LANDCRUISER & Datel Digital Meters Home - DatelMeters.com

Although I don't think I will need it if I am running: IBS -DBS Dual Battery System with Microprocessor - Sierra Expeditions

Good set of options.

I read on Mud that the digital guages are more accurate. I have a Wrangler NW dual battery kit, my 3rd. They work like a charm. There is also a "PainLess" product out there too.

You have many options.. continue to read until you are ready to make your choice....

Cheers
Stu

Angle Bezel

Since the guage is mounted low I am using a AutoMeter Bezel #2234 from summit to provide a better view
Bezel1.jpg

Bezel installed

Install the bezel.. a lot easier to see at a glance..
2011-10-10_19-08-59_806.jpg
Back of Console.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom