Auxiliary light wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cns

Threads
Auxiliary light wiring. I am hopefully picking up a 2015 tundra tomorrow and I am wondering about putting in auxiliary lighting. Did Toyota get smart and make this process easy? Or do you have to do like normal and get your own harness set up ?

I can say that for 2012’s -nope.

My buddy who does the stereo crap / all my 12v stuff - hated my Tundra when wiring my 4 bumper lights in the Tundra.

He’s very literate in negative-trigger lights (‘Yota uses it alot) - but it was pointless.

We did a full independent fused relay harness as he couldn’t get the extra lights to kick out if I went to the factory hi-beams in the HL’s.
—It was a full last-resort, he wnted to slave off the factory to trigger my junk - just wasn’t working.

He did some excellent discreet switches, LMK if you want pics.
We didn’t burn any factory blanks as I will use those (2 for sure) - swapping to a Sequoia T-case.

My buddy who does the stereo crap / all my 12v stuff - hated my Tundra when wiring my 4 bumper lights in the Tundra.

He’s very literate in negative-trigger lights (‘Yota uses it alot) - but it was pointless.

We did a full independent fused relay harness as he couldn’t get the extra lights to kick out if I went to the factory hi-beams in the HL’s.
—It was a full last-resort, he wnted to slave off the factory to trigger my junk - just wasn’t working.

We didn’t burn any factory blanks as I will use those (2 for sure) - swapping to a Sequoia T-case.
I’ve

I would like some pics. . I was looking at getting a fuse boss. I used one in my cruiser so I wouldn’t have do screw around with factory wires . I see blanks for switches , but I haven’t figured out what kind of switches to use

I’ve

I would like some pics. . I was looking at getting a fuse boss. I used one in my cruiser so I wouldn’t have do screw around with factory wires . I see blanks for switches , but I haven’t figured out what kind of switches to use

I’ll get some pics up possibly tomorrow, most likely Thurs....got a dentist thing in about an hr, so I’ll be likely ‘sorta funky’ - for a day or so.

I’ve

have a few pics in my thread of my setup, have since added another relay, fuse and switch for rear lights. Got the switches from AOB. These are great switches. Wish the green was a little more factory, but still look and work like OEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom