Automatic Transmission temperature check (1 Viewer)

i recently did the AT flush but the problem was with temperature check (on dashbored) i am in a country

where temperature reaches 111 F and the fluid should be around 115 F to unplug the overflow and level the

fluid, what should i do? how important is the temperature check to level the fluid?

what i did is i refilled the transmission and changed the gears between p, n d 1, and 2 then got underneath and unplugged the overflow until it trickled

any thought/ recommendation ?

i recently did the AT flush but the problem was with temperature check (on dashbored) i am in a country

where temperature reaches 111 F and the fluid should be around 115 F to unplug the overflow and level the

fluid, what should i do? how important is the temperature check to level the fluid?

what i did is i refilled the transmission and changed the gears between p, n d 1, and 2 then got underneath and unplugged the overflow until it trickled

any thought/ recommendation ?

What exact vehicle are you doing this on? Is this a late 100 with the 5 speed auto?

Is it not possible to do a drain, measure, fill on these transmissions? I've known a lot of transmissions that require a specific temperature, then draining through an overfill, but I've never had any issues just measuring the amount of fluid that comes out and filling it using that. I also compensate just a bit for what the filter will absorb and such.

well my question is how important to drain the extra oil WHILE its on the correct temperature?
i can't get the oil to the right temperature when its over 100F degree here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom