Automatic door closer adjusting valve screw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Folks,

Is it possible to purchase just the speed adjusting valve on a residential door closer? My valve screw sprung and I lost it in the garage somewhere. I'm scouring the 'net for just the screw but having no luck. I'd hate to toss this unit, even though it's quite old. I'm not sure if I can use a regular allen head bolt in this application or not!

Mine looks like this

Folks,

Is it possible to purchase just the speed adjusting valve on a residential door closer? My valve screw sprung and I lost it in the garage somewhere. I'm scouring the 'net for just the screw but having no luck. I'd hate to toss this unit, even though it's quite old. I'm not sure if I can use a regular allen head bolt in this application or not!

Mine looks like this
I'm not sure how much stuff is sitting on your garage floor but this is a technique I learned in the military for finding a small object on the concrete floor. Go grab a bright flashlight and with the overhead light off at night take the flashlight and put the beam parallel with the floor. Now rotate the flashlight and if the beam hits the spring, it will create a long shadow so you can see it easily.

I used to rebuild Bilstein remote reservoir shocks back in the day, got a box of pistons, shims, seals, Nitrogen gas bottle, adapter, shock oil, etc. One of these days I need to get rid of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom