August ROTM, Big Bear 8/24-26 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I was going to organize some runs, but am graded road locked due to the pending move. I don’t want to budget in another 1k trail break before a cross country move.

Found the thread.
Wow.
Let's start with excuses first.

My niece's birthday is this weekend and I have to attend. Seriously don't want to, but it's my wife's brother's kid.

But I have an idea. They live in Ontario which is closer to BB than where I live.
If I play my cards right I can probably take off from their place and come over.
Gotta work on it for the next few days.

Well, I was going to organize some runs, but am graded road locked due to the pending move. I don’t want to budget in another 1k trail break before a cross country move.

So just like the member above me. Surprised to say the least. But maybe not entirely. My folks are moving out of state sometime later this year. Clearly across the country.

You’re more then welcome to join. Feel free to bring the whole fam.

If I get the green light, I might come by to say hello to everybody. Most likely no runs. Maybe Saturday night, I guess you all will go home on Sunday.

That’s the plan. We could always squeeze in Gold Mtn, it’s not too technical...

How about Candy mountain...

No

Food for the trip...Saturday night potluck???

Saturday was thinking about running Gold Mountain. Meet at the trailhead at 10am.

I'll bring a sleeve of burgers and hots.

Missed out on this, next time for sure.

Was a really good trip as always. The club members and friends are what truly make these events.

I only took one picture, and that was when we were staging at the bottom of Gold Mountain.

A0FDAFE7-68A2-4F4B-A120-997F6483617B.jpeg

What I can say about GM is this it the trail was in the roughest shape I’ve ever seen it. The first step was completely torn up. The holes have really been dug out. Taking the hard line left me with a nice candy cane stripe on the rear driveshaft.

Guess that’s what I get for asking for not another 1k repair. A new rear driveshaft via Mr. T is only $330

5C199E9F-6128-4830-A713-6F86249BAAC3.jpeg
CCFC5E52-DEB4-4EDB-82E6-255543DB72A4.jpeg

I forgot to add that I did cut a good chunk out of a sidewall. Stopped by Discount Tire and I have my SECOND tire being replaced under warranty.

:hmm: I wonder if they’ll offer me the hazard protection next time I purchase...

Last edited:
@chap79, Box rocket has a rear DS for sale in the classifieds. 93 should fit?

For Sale - 80 Series rear suspension links, driveshafts

I also have an retubed/rebuild rear DS I purchased from Nukegoat that I never got around to installing.

2.75" OD .188 Wall

You can have it for what I paid for it. 225.
Thanks for the offer but I need an extended one (38 9/16” static length). With 4” of lift and the lowers arms stretched 9/16” the stock length allows vibration in the slip joint.

So to add to @chap79 story of broken stuff and fun from the trail. The Bruiser took some damage as well from Gold Mountain, 3N69. We bent a lower control arm on the rear, bent the rear of my slider up like 1/4", then mangled the stock exhaust.... small things. 285 and a 2.5 lift is a bit small for what is necessary to go up Gold Mountain. From there on Sunday we went from Big Bear down to Yucca valley via mostly off road trail. We started off with 3E03 which is a immediate trail due to like 3 to 4 miles of moderate rock gardens. From there 2N02 all the way down to Yucca Valley. That trail is super easy and any type of road car can do that.. so maybe just as fun up to Big Bear like doing the Cleghorn into Big Bear as well. Have to say thank for the leader @chap79 , and the rest of the crew @SoCalDesertCruiser , @KTP and our friend Sly for a great trip.

20180825_145204.jpg

Don't let Jeff fool you, he was driving his truck like he's Ivan Stewart ;)

Don't let Jeff fool you, he was driving his truck like he's Ivan Stewart ;)
Shh.... don't tell Farrah...she was mad enough that I did that stuff. :eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom