ATV pull behind. Tandem axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So looking at two companies and wondered which would be better axle configuration.
Marlon uses a articulating axle. Bosski uses dual torsion independent axles.
I’m looking for anyone with experience on either or just general experience with tandem
trailers behind an ATV. I’ve pulled a single axle through everything technical, crazy and
rolled one three different times. s*** happens. I’m amazed at ATV stuff sometimes.
anyhow here are a couple of links and wondered if anyone had input

Interesting concept. I have never seen tandem axle trailers like that. The first one shows its a 4x6 trailer @ 500 pounds empty. That took me by surprise. That's about the weight and box size of my M-100 trailer before I modded it. The second one shows pictures driving over a mound. I love the way it shows the tires tracking across it.
For what they are, the price seems pretty good. I would love to see what you end up with.

Yeah, the articulating axle has a single center point that the pair pivot on.
Seen them where they were getting heavy industrial use, but don’t know it may just
have been what they got. I think the articulating would be better on the log crossing,
not sure it would be more forgiving or as nice on a muddy rutted road at speed.
Still looking. Also now looking at the single axle Bosski. It has torsional axle,
very smooth.

Well, it’s a mute point now. After looking at everything I decided to go with the
Bosski 800AL single axle. Tandem was just too big. Ryan, the owner was quick
to help and really made it easy. Since I’ve already got experience with this trailer,
which we’d borrowed and I hate borrowing stuff.
Unparalleled quality.
Can‘t say better than that.

I just purchased one of these after months of pouring over multiple trailers. I was in the process of building one, and by the time the smoke cleared...I would've had $400 bucks in it, it would have been a single axle, with no dump and no brakes.

The independent torsion axles with electric brakes was the tipping point. Most of the ones I was looking at had an electric dump feature...the hand crank dump was out.

Another thing I really liked was the 0% financing for 12 months, with no payments for 5 months....pretty cool.

That’s nice, but not good for trail use. The aluminum one I got is light.
With a better centre of gravity, and it floats!

So here is what I ultimately ended up with. I had the interior and the lid powder
coated to keep camping gear from aluminum oxidization and rubbing off. I’ve had an
over sight. I’d thought of installing tie down tracks and then totally forgot in the
excitement of getting it all prepped for powder coat and getting it done before
full isolation orders hit.
Question - How to drill into powder coated aluminum post-powder coat??
There is a green steel coat baked primer underneath the paint. It’s a very high
quality finish. Here are a couple of pics.

206E1CEE-DC3E-4503-B33D-4641B49F3C4D.jpeg
D0A939C5-DCFE-4B70-8905-015F2B230390.jpeg
A9764AC8-99A9-4F78-A203-3AE2CFC70CF3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom