ATTN Spaceghost

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cruiserbrett, Jan 14, 2003.

1. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

Mike,
    Who made your inner axleshafts? I need to get a new one(or maybe both sides) for the electric locker I am installing and wondered who made yours?

Were they stronger than the stock ones?

What was the cost per axle?

Thanks,
    -Brett

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    SG will be on later today, but IIRC it was Dutchman...and he was not impressed.

Marlin is treating stock shafts for greater strength, and I would see what his cost is....also, CV Unlimited has alloy Cruiser shafts....and I believe they have the longer-spline unit you need for the electric locker too....

3. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

Woody,
    Thanks! I got ahold of Moser to see what they can do as well.

-Brett

4. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

Hey Brett,
    It was Dutchmans that I had made. I broke both of them, long and short. They seemed to snap even easier than the stockers. Maybe they end up being more brittle?

I am close to Moser and when I called they didn't seem to want my $$$. Way too much of a hassle, and I don't beg peeps to take my $$$ Guess they have all the heap business they need!

Check with CV unlimited as Woody suggested, they have inners that are treated. I was leaning towards them till George was dissapointed that I didn't run his prototype birfs in competition. I had to stick with the "know good" Longs.

Let us know what you come up with!

5. rustycruiser

rustycruiser

I thought Bobby (Mr Longfield) was playing with inner axles as well? I remember reading on the PBB mini truck forum that for $40 a side he would treat your inners to give 10-20% stronger than stock axles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.