Assistance please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I was doing some looking over of the 80 after reinstalling my newly bedlined fender flares,
20170811_145807.jpg
20170811_145756.jpg
and noticed this white, chalky build-up on the thermostat housing. Also coming from hose coming down into top of thermostat housing. My guess is gasket leak, hose getting old and leaking, maybe new thermostat while I have it open? Not sure. I can see the top hose runs back along the engine into the firewall for HVAC controls. Not sure where to go from here. I put some pics of what I am seeing, I wiped some of the crud off. First time I have noticed it. It has not run hot or even close to hot, always at just below middle of gauge, even with A/C on.

I would think it's the upper hose...I'd change the tstat and gasket regardless

Depending on the color of your coolant. My guess would be the hose above it. I have a leak in that area too but mine is color purplish red due to the toyota red coolant. Have you figured it out?

I am pretty sure it is the hose, my coolant is green which I assume is making the white crusty stuff. I was looking for the hose but online says the part has been discontinued, I didn't have time to get to much into it, maybe next weekend

20170922_132531.jpg
20170922_132603.jpg
20170922_132555.jpg

Got the roof rack almost done. Have one spot light that was not working out of the box, so need to replace. Also have a front light bar to mount, but do not want to drill holes in my roof, so I am dabbing up some gutter mounts for it.
Wired all to center console using a Blue Sea fuse block.

Still working on my Prinsu...should be mounted properly tomorrow.
2017-09-17 14.23.23.jpg

"Fabbing up some gutter mounts",,,, dang auto correct!!
Looks good so far. I'm kicking around some lights on the sides of mine. Haven't decided what I'm going with yet. On a few of my trips, Ive had to set up in the dark and it would be nice to have a camp light up high. I bought a couple of spots for the front bumper at the Pomona show and didn't think to look at something for the rack.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom