Articulation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
When I first bought my LJ78 and knew nothing about them, I had installed some tough but very inflexible urethane caster correction bushings. I had no idea how bad they really were until last week when I installed some softer rubber ones. The new bushings are so much nicer to drive on the road; much more comfortable and truck seems to handle more freely.

Today I drove up on a couple blocks of wood to see if the articulation was improved. It's much better. This is with the rear sway bar on still (front has been removed for some time now). The blocks are about 20" high. With the rear sway bar gone, I could probably get about 24". I think this is about as much as I could ask for with my 2-3" lift and shortish shocks. Definitely good enough for the wheeling I do. In fact I can't wait to get off road with the 35s and new bushings!

IMG_20200518_134419839.jpg
IMG_20200518_211602430.jpg
IMG_20200522_114026650_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200522_114131544_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200522_113950114_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, ya really got to get it dirty now. You won't be using chains up front for sure.
Something to think about.

Oh man, ya really got to get it dirty now. You won't be using chains up front for sure.
Something to think about.

I still have my set of tall/skinny duratracs and a set of v-bar chains for those.

Definitely won't be fitting chains on the 35"s without interference! I don't intend to snow-wheel on the 35s anyhow....

Looks great. I stop and stare when I see you driving around sometimes

Haha, thanks man. I'm not sure my cruiser is really worth staring at; it's generally looking pretty rough these days! The years have taken their toll....

I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your cruiser though. Hopefully we can both make one of the VI Cruisers meets once things start getting back to a new 'normal' and we're able to have them again. Or at least get out for some exploring of trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom