Army Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Power King Super Traction II 7.00 -15 8PR

Hopefully I can swing ordering these while they're available, shipping will be about $100 for four. They look to be the same as what was on my '65 FJ45 when I bought it (premium traction grip). I also inquired about the 16-inch version, NONE available at this time.

'Dear Mr. Dan,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

The tires you are interested in are available at the price of $ 106.80 per tire.
We would like to inform you that the Power King Super Traction II 7.00 -15 8PR are tubeless tires.

You can place your order online at
tires online @ tires-easy.com: tire dealer for cheap passenger, summer, winter tires

Alternatively you can call our toll free number 877-253-6191.
One of our Customer Service representatives will gladly place the order for you.

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Mr. David Lapadus

Delticom North America
1306 NW Hoyt St., Ste. 304
Portland, OR 97209
USA'
SuperTractionII.jpg
Premium Traction Grip.JPG

Last edited:
Bias ply....will wear fast

You need to think hobby vehicle not daily driver. Have never had a issue with tires wearing out on anything other than our DDs. I replace them for dry rot cracks first. My FJ62 is going to get new shoes just for this reason and it was used for many for miles than any 25/40 and the tread still look great except for the chucks of tread that are starting for fall off.:eek:

There is a silver lining thought. When the tires went on it was DD mainly around Phoenix with 235X75X15R A/Ts. Now I can put something larger in a offroad tire. :D

LOL thats true...my hobby involves driving it daily :)

I've gone thru a few sets of tires...bias and radial...bias usually run 15,000+- and radial range around 27-30,000...too low a tread will take you into a guard rail around here during the winter :)

I did some research for my 1964 corrugated hard top and this is what I decided on.

Tires on a 1964 should be Dunlop RK3 7.60x15 (even though the literature shows 7.50) but.... they are not available in a 15" rim anymore. Because of that, I am going with the Firestone NDT bias ply 7.00x15s. I put a tape on a NOS Dunlop RK3 and was surprised they measure 29" x 6.25"

After thorough internet research....
Firestone NDT

firestone-ndt-600-16-tread_3.jpg

Here is the difference between the Goodyear and Firestone

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...w-jeep/page-10

post-5589-0-47846900-1407531192.jpg

Dunlop RK3

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Rear sill hopefully available from awlteq on mud. Reproduction Toyota sticker ordered from MetricTLC. Shane is out of the hospital and I have been talking to him.

Last edited:
mike, did you ever find out if the poudre coop still has grip spurs?

have you gotten your rims ready for powder coat yet? i have the five for annie that need to be done.

I'm leaning in the Y742s direction. I just got a quote of $1002 incl shipping for 5. Any better prices out there?

I'm probably going to go with the NDTs also. Love the Y742's...and was very happy to see others fall in love with them also (truth be told, I was worried that's they'd be less than happy after I mentioned them to others) problem is that they are not cheap, and I have a '56 Chevy to work on also, so those NDT's will fit the bill just fine.

BTW, I really looked hard, and found those RK3s still in production in Indonesia a couple years back...but could NOT find any way to import them...we even tried sending them to Australia first, and no go. I wouldn't drive them daily, but still wanted a new set on rims.

Malaysia it is. I also tried that route. I know someone who has contacts in malaysia. They visited the local tyre shop. They came up with a lot of 7.00x15 tyres but they couldnt get the rk3.
BTW the tyre sizing figures changed somewhere in the 60's IIRC. 7.60 is now 7.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom