Nissan Armada/QX80/Patrol? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here have or know of any builds? I've been looking at these as alternatives to a J120 or J100, and want to know if the reliability is just as good as those. It would be used primarily for overlanding, not rock climbing.

Hey man! I see that thread is old, but I do have an answer (hope it will inspire other members on here). I am currently on the look for a 2014-2015 LX570/LC200 and was researching the competition (QX56/QX80 and Armada to be exact). They didn't seem to be a good fit for overlanding but after checking some Australian Patrol Y62 builds I realized that these trucks have a pretty good off-road potential. I've never seen a Y62/Z62 rock crawling, but they do have all you need for overlanding. Good clearance, reliable V8, lockers, and lots of space. The aftermarket support for these models is nonexistent, but it's not a problem for those who can fabricate things.
Check this tread. The guy was looking for an LC200 and ended up with a Patrol Y62. He says that he likes it a lot:

Anyone here have or know of any builds? I've been looking at these as alternatives to a J120 or J100, and want to know if the reliability is just as good as those. It would be used primarily for overlanding, not rock climbing.
As to reliability - i have a 11 QX56 with about 170k on it and it has been absolutely rock solid. the 5.6 is an absolute beast.
i was tempted get my wife an expedition max and build the QX up, but i couldnt find a lot out there for it.

As to reliability - i have a 11 QX56 with about 170k on it and it has been absolutely rock solid. the 5.6 is an absolute beast.
i was tempted get my wife an expedition max and build the QX up, but i couldnt find a lot out there for it.
update on this the air suspension is stupid expensive to fix, and aftermarket support is extremely hard to find.