Arizona TLCA chapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=BMAN link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg111862#msg111862 date=1077919698]
CACTUS CRUISERS?

Added to the list of possible names. :)
I think the founding members should vote on the name when we actually found the club. :)
Of course, if the participants in this thread wanna proceed and call ourselves a new club, with a strictly online existance for right now, then I propose we do so.
No need for officers at this point, or dues, or bylaws.
Just try to get more people interested in joining.
Whadya say? :D[/quote]

:cheers: I'll use this post to say good day, and to quit lurking.

My 62 will soon be trail ready, I look forward to hooking up with some AZ Cruisers. I'll keep an eye open and hope to met up with ya to run some of the best trails this side of Paradise.

I am glad to see interest in this. My only input at this time is that I hope that this doesn't just become a Phoenix thing.

I do like the idea of starting this as a virtual club and see how it get rolling. Meetings can be a real killer due to the miles involved. While I would like to eventually see some sort of face to face meetings, I feel that early on that could really be the death of any club. It is almost impossible for people from Tucson to make regular meetings in Phoenix and vice versa. Not to mention Flagstaff. :)

I am glad to see interest in this. My only input at this time is that I hope that this doesn't just become a Phoenix thing.

I agree. Hence the suggestion of "sub-clubs". Much like how Lonestar Land Cruisers is set up.

And now that my 60 is up and running (badly, but running) again, I'm even more eager to get this going.

I like the idea of a "virtual" club to get us rolling and I also think it could be an all of Arizona encompassing club. We meet when we meet and go from there. I really like it.

These are from a very informal car club that some of my buddies and I formed a few years back. It could very easily apply to wheeling.

Constitution and by-laws of the Throttle Jockeys car club

Purpose of the Throttle Jockeys:
A) Enjoyment of the fun and friendship of custom and high performance cars, with a minimum of rules and organization.
B) Capitalize on the organization of others.

Qualifications of membership:
1) Ownership of one or more 1966 or earlier custom or high performance vehicle.
2) Said vehicle must meet club standards for coolness. (This will be determined by a vote of all active members.)
3) Members must agree to strictly abide by the by-laws set forth herein

BY-LAWS
The following by-laws shall be considered as “ABSOLUTE”, un-amendable and ”ETCHED IN STONE”, unless a member feels that a particular segment is overly restrictive. In such an event, the member, or members can consider the offending
by-law/s as non-existent.

CLUB MEETINGS
1) A club meeting shall be deemed as officially in session when two or more members find themselves engaged in conversation related in ANY WAY to cars.
(telephone conversations included)
2) A club meeting shall be deemed as officially in session when two or more members find themselves engaged in drinking or smoking of ANY kind.
3) NO attempt shall be made to FORMALLY REQUIRE the assembly of the entire membership for a meeting or any other function. Such a demand will be considered in poor taste, and should be unnecessary. Members attempting to call such a meeting will be fined one case of beer to be brought to the next meeting.

CLUB OFFICERS
1) All club members shall hold the title of “CLUB PRESIDENT”. All wives and/or girlfriends shall be considered as “VICE-PRESIDENTS”.

MEMBERSHIP LIMITATIONS
1) There shall be no less than two active members. Should the official club roster fall below two qualified male members, the club will be considered disbanded.

DUES and FINES
1) There shall be no club dues! (However a $10.00 fee must be paid by those wishing to quit the club.)
2) Fines appropriate to the offence shall be levied at the discretion of the club president. NOTE: The club president and vice-president are exempt from ANY form of fine, judgement, or censure.

CLUB UNIFORMS
1) The official club uniform is the Throttle Jockeys jacket or t-shirt, worn in concert with any other garments that adequately cover the area of the body commonly referred to as the “private parts”.
Club jackets, shirts and plaques remain the property of the club, and shall return to the possession of the club upon resignation of a member. The resigning member shall be reimbursed for the value of his jacket.

BMAN...I will be between Gilbert & Lindsay just north of Adobe.

I like the Copper State Cruisers.

Setting it up to include the entire state is the way to go.

Just my .02

Peace

Nice older area over there. Too bad your kids will be at Mountain View though :p

I agree with the whole state thing too. Your're not gonna be too far away. We'll deffinately have to wheel.

Ok. Show of hands: who wants to call our little informal online club "Copper State Cruisers"? Who wants "Cactus Cruisers"? And who wants to submit a different name for a vote?
I've PM'd woody with the intention of having him set us up a board in the Clubs Corner of ih8mud. But we need a name and a moderator.
I'd be happy to fulfill that role, but my time is limited. So if someone else can devote more time to it, feel free to step up. :cheers: Otherwise I'll do it.
Also, we have the option of being a members-only board, or open to everyone. Personally, I'd like to be open for now, but that is also up for debate if others disagree.
So let's hear it! All in favor of establishing this club online immediately, say "aye!" :cool:

[quote author=hj60 link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg113931#msg113931 date=1078261415]I've PM'd woody with the intention of having him set us up a board in the Clubs Corner of ih8mud. But we need a name and a moderator.[/quote]

You can have as many mods as you want (within reason...lol) and the name can start temporary for now....even calling it "arizona TLCA" for starters....then get the nitty-gritty stuff discussed in that section.

I kinda like Copper State Cruisers. But like Woody said, it can be changed at any time. It would deffinately be nice to have a place to get it all hammered out. I also think an open forum would be nice so that others can stop on by an toss in their $.02.
Since I'm the FNG here I'm not sure I'm elligible for MOD status but I'd be willing to lend a hand.

BMAN...not worried about kids going to Mountain View...don't have any. I was born and raised in Phoenix...as a matter of fact the house I grew up in is now worth way more than I could ever afford. This area seems to be reasonable and quick access to downtown on the 202 instead of the 60. Don't mean to jack the thread. I'm up for whatever and I still like Copper State Cruisers. I would like to volunteer to be moderator but if I spend much more time here I will get fired. Then of course I will have all the free time I need. I will do what I can to help this succeed.

[quote author=woody link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg113935#msg113935 date=1078261771]
You can have as many mods as you want (within reason...lol)
[/quote]

Well, in that case, I volunteer to be /a/ mod. :)
The last thing I want is for me to end up the de facto "president" of this club w/out the consensus of the majority. Although, a president/BOD is kinda premature at this point anyways.
IMO, the mod should have no real powers except to keep the content of this group PG-13 (at most).

Mods have locking power, sticky power, move power, and edit power...but only in that section. "anything" you do is noted....edit a post, and it SAYS you edited it....can't get away with much...

just stumbled onto this! bought time 8). nice to have
local expertise/resources.

Hi!
Hey, while you're here, come on and post a little about yourself in "Introduce yourself".
This particular thread is here for historical purposes. :D

Just for the record, I really like the Copper State Cruisers name.

I am interested. Still working on the FJ40 though. Thinking about taking it apart for a restoration job. May not be able to drive it for some time, but would like to ask for advice ocassionally. Thanks.

:)
I'm gonna start a poll to see what everyone thinks.

BTW, nice shots from Schnebly. I'd really love to live up in that area.
I never get tired of the views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom