ARB roof rack for sale 73"x49", $500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am trying to clear out some stuff I have had around forever to make some funds for the 60 project. The 1996 Cruiser I bought that my daughter now drives had an ARB basket style rack on it. That truck has a different rack on it now (for obvious reasons) and I am selling this one. It has been leaning in the corner for a couple of years and I finally got to it. It had been cut for a roof top tent but I got the cut off piece with it and have welded it back on. The weld are good and I finished the outside off so you cannot tell where it was put together. I have circled the areas in the pictures. I was totally sandblasted and powder coated nice and thick with satin black. All brackets are there and refinished too. Most of the hardware is new and all is stainless. The only other bad spot is a small dent in the tube on the back of the rack, but is small and doesn't hurt strength. I think this size goes for around $750 plus new. This thing is super nice and looks as new. It fits an 80 series, but it may fit others as the brackets adjust a lot. You will have to refit it to your 80 because I have it all apart from coating the pieces. Looking for $500 plus shipping but I can deliver if it's a reasonable distance and I have some time to make time. Especially if there is a brewery nearby!

Thought I would post here because trying to save the shipping cost for someone.

Shoot me a pm if interested, thanks.

Pictures
20181015_142943.jpg
20181015_142217.jpg
20181015_142039.jpg

20181015_143322.jpg
The areas I welded and finished are circled. Came out nice. Also the dent picture is here.
20181015_151648.jpg
20181015_151629.jpg

I do have a couple more racks I am selling, just have to do pictures and such. One is a 60" Diamond brand rack (basket style) that was on the 60 I just bought. It is still in pretty good shape. It is a 60" long and 48" wide I believe. That one I would like to get $300 for. I believe they are $500 plus new. I also have a homemade mesh style rack that I had on my 80 for a while. It is very sturdy and had my roof top tent on it with no issues. It has a light bar mount and I recommend running one just to keep the wind noise down, as it helped a lot for me. That one would be $250. Just clearing out stuff. Thanks.

I will try to dig up some pictures.

The Diamondrax
IMG_5192.jpg

The homemade
SAM_0756.JPG

SAM_0498.JPG

I cut out the upper center portion so my paddle board would fit up there. I still have the bar and can weld it back in if buyer chooses.

Have you weighed the Diamond rack ? Will the cross bars fit a FJ40 and do the gutter mounts come with it ? Thanks, ed

Have you weighed the Diamond rack ? Will the cross bars fit a FJ40 and do the gutter mounts come with it ? Thanks, ed

Gutter mounts are included. Weight is probably around 30-40 pounds (pretty light). I will have to measure it for fit on a 40. I will get you more info. It was in pretty nice shape but it really wasn't the best powder coating job from Diamond Rax so I blasted and re-powder coated it any way. Now it looks great.

The rack length and width, 48"x60" fit within the FJ40 roof overall dimensions, it does narrow a bit towards the front. Is there width adjustment where the gutter mounts attach to the rack crossbar front and rear ? I'll buy it if we can confirm there is adjustment to fit the FJ40 roof. ed

The rack length and width, 48"x60" fit within the FJ40 roof overall dimensions, it does narrow a bit towards the front. Is there width adjustment where the gutter mounts attach to the rack crossbar front and rear ? I'll buy it if we can confirm there is adjustment to fit the FJ40 roof. ed

I'm going to make sure it will fit on my 40. It os disassembled and my 40 is crunched in a corner but I'll get it figured out. I very much think it will work but I agree it needs to be for sure

I'm going to make sure it will fit on my 40. It os disassembled and my 40 is crunched in a corner but I'll get it figured out. I very much think it will work but I agree it needs to be for sure

Good, thank you, ed

I brought the rack and brackets home from the shop but forgot the bolts to put it together :bang:.
Holding the bracket up on my 40 it looks like it will work but I still should bolt it up to be sure.

That's what I do at times, forget one key,part the fasteners. Let me know when you bolt it up for fit and I can PayPal or mail a check or bring cash. Ed 248 925 0271 my cell

ARB gone, and hopefully a new MUD member 60 series owner too .

TCEd, I haven't forgotten about you. My 40 is tight up against the wall of my garage with a bad ignition switch and my locked engine 45 is right up against it. Gotta do a little push around to get at the 40. Gotta happen anyway so I will keep after it. Thanks

ARB gone, and hopefully a new MUD member 60 series owner too .

TCEd, I haven't forgotten about you. My 40 is tight up against the wall of my garage with a bad ignition switch and my locked engine 45 is right up against it. Gotta do a little push around to get at the 40. Gotta happen anyway so I will keep after it. Thanks

No rush, once you confirm it I'll pay you but probably wouldn't get down to pick it up until early next year. I just got done pushing my 40 around on some cheap Harbor Frieght dollys and it was a pain in the ass. ed

Dogfishlake,
The rack re-entered my mind. Are the front gutter mounts adjustable on the rack crossbar ? Can they be move inboard/outboard ? If so then there's no need to do any checking on fit. ed

Dogfishlake,
The rack re-entered my mind. Are the front gutter mounts adjustable on the rack crossbar ? Can they be move inboard/outboard ? If so then there's no need to do any checking on fit. ed

Hey Ed.

I don't even know for sure but I think so. It is in me garage so I will measure it when I get home but I am almost certain there are multiple holes in the bottom of the rack to move the brackets. It is pretty short so the front clamp may even land before the roof turns inward, but not sure. Anyway, I will check tonight. thanks.

Dogfishlake,

I finally looked at the rack (or remembered to). The brackets are super adjustable so would fit the 40 roof line just fine.

Here's a picture of the holes.
20190117_191841.jpg

Not sure I mentioned it but I did refinish the rack too . The factory job was meh. I blasted everything, pretreated it, zinc epoxy powder primer, and satin black powder topcoat. It's nice

Great, you sold me a roof rack. I'll message you. Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom