ARB Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Helipilot

SILVER Star
Threads
Ready to order the ARB Front Bumper...wanted to get the Deluxe 03 I have seen others on this 100 Forum using but couldn't find it on the ARB web site. The one listed for $1,523.00 is the Deluxe Full Width PN: 3413190. Is this the same as the Deluxe 03 other folks reference in their posts? Comments appreciated!

Ready to order the ARB Front Bumper...wanted to get the Deluxe 03 I have seen others on this 100 Forum using but couldn't find it on the ARB web site. The one listed for $1,523.00 is the Deluxe Full Width PN: 3413190. Is this the same as the Deluxe 03 other folks reference in their posts? Comments appreciated!
Looks like this one.

Thanks MountaineerLC and OwnerCS. Also will order the fog light kit!

Just got the whole kit, front bumper, side rails and steps. Check out 4wheelparts.com. Mine came in less than a week and took a day to install (they installed it). Got the fog lights also. Mine is 04 LC.

just curious how much 4WP charged for the install?
They quoted me $1150. But I got 10% off that during a promotion they were running. I got 10% all the parts also. Great guys.
Make sure they wire the fog lights right tho, had to go back a 2nd time for a quick adjustment. Wiring needs a little cleanup…just dangling. Had them install tires on factory rims as well..got another discount on that as well. Good guys tho. Great communication and works with you.

ARB 3413190 looks like this:

Suits 2003-2007 LC100 with IFS -- may fit other models as well.

Below is a confirmed ARB Part No. 3413190 Deluxe Bullbar, colour-matched (over-painted powder coat, oven-cured), and as fitted to my 2006 HDJ100R with 1HD-FTE engine.

No difference in Australia on LC100 with different engines - same bar for 2UZ-FE. Might be some differences in fitting arrangements on 105 series.

Winch-frame within the bullbar was an optional extra in 2015 -- which I purchased but no winch has been mounted -- yet! Nowadays, winch capability looks to be standard on the ARBUSA web reference above but may be worth checking with other suppliers, in case of old stock or whatever.

Not sure about any differences between Right Hand Drive and Left Hand Drive -- except in Right Hand Drive Australia the antenna is required to be placed on the left hand side (not in front of the driver). It looks like there are two antenna tabs on the ARBUSA example -- Left and Right. If ARB Part No. 3413190 Bullbar is used on LX470, antenna tabs may need to be cut off to clear the bonnet when it is opened.

Very, very happy with this bar -- it has been bounced around over some very rough places over the last 7 years and remained tight. It has been challenged by some decent size kangaroos (about 45 kilograms or 100 pounds -- they washed off!) but nothing serious like a big feral or half-tonne livestock.

The bar by itself does weigh around 75 kilograms (165 pounds) -- so it will be noticeable when fitted and some front suspension adjustments may be necessary.

The bar is designed to meet Secondary Restraint System (SRS), alias airbag, compliance requirements. The concertina attaching brackets (see below) are meant to crumple at the same rate as the unprotected vehicle would have crumpled.

Suggest be aware that the recommended clearances between bar and body are important -- see fitting instructions and many helpful Youtubes. The bar is bolted firmly to the chassis, the body 'floats' on rubber mounts on the chassis, so there always is movement between the bar and the body.

In a moderate speed collision, the vitals at the front of the vehicle are meant to remain sufficiently intact for the vehicle to remain drivable but not beautiful. If a very large animal, or immovable tree or rock is hit at high speed, then the bar may improve chances of occupant survival but the vehicle will be a twisted wreck.

Full width bar, no side-rails or sliders in this case:
LC100 with ARB Bar.jpg

Concertina air-bag compatible mounting system is included (recovery hooks are separate, not ARB, not part of the bar):
LC100 Bullbar SRS mounting.jpg

Bar protrudes forward almost 10 inches from the radiator grille:
LC100 ARB Deluxe Bullbar Protrusion.jpg

Bar is mounted rigidly on the front of the chassis. Body is mounted on rubber cushions on the chassis at the 10 positions shown. Clearances between body and chassis are important because there will be some movement between body and bar. (Chassis picture credit: @Moridinbg)
LC100 Body Chassis Mounting Locations.jpg

Not a Land Cruiser, not an ARB Steel Bar (aluminium "TUFF Bar" instead) -- the tree won!!
Alloy Tuff Bar and Tree at 80kph 50mph.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry about the gap between the bumper and the front fenders. When I'm crawling and flexing, I'm glad its there.

Don't worry about the gap between the bumper and the front fenders. When I'm crawling and flexing, I'm glad its there.
How did you mount your antenna on your LX bumper and still manage to open the hood? Is there a thread about the classic antenna mount, LX grille problem?

How did you mount your antenna on your LX bumper and still manage to open the hood? Is there a thread about the classic antenna mount, LX grille problem?
The grill bracket angle can be changed so the grill can be tilted inward to clear the antenna tabs.

1648170944071.png

1648170997287.png

1648171032830.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom