ARB Compressor Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ARB twin compressor is arriving by the end of the week with the SDHQ mount. I also purchased the switch mount that mounts on the compressor as well. For those that have installed the switch in the engine bay, where did you tap the red/yellow wire to and is diode in the wire required? Can I just use a straight 16 gauge wire and tap it somewhere?

2017 LX570

TIA!!

Last edited:
ARB twin compressor is arriving by the end of the week with the SDHQ mount. I also purchased the switch mount that mounts on the compressor as well. For those that have installed the switch in the engine bay, where did you tap the red/yellow wire to and is diode in the wire required? Can I just use a straight 16 gauge wire and tap it somewhere?

2017 LX570

TIA!!

So the only thing you need to run the compressor is power, ground, and 12v to the purple wire. Everything else is optional.

So the only thing you need to run the compressor is power, ground, and 12v to the purple wire. Everything else is optional.

Just to be clear, if you’re using a switch system (Switchpros, Linx, VOSwitch, etc) then the second, smaller connector harness could be chopped down to just use the small purple wire to the power box? Would it be advisable to use the small black ground to the power box as well?

Just to be clear, if you’re using a switch system (Switchpros, Linx, VOSwitch, etc) then the second, smaller connector harness could be chopped down to just use the small purple wire to the power box? Would it be advisable to use the small black ground to the power box as well?

Any switch, but yes if you aren't using a pressure switch, locker switches etc, you just need the power, ground, purple wire. I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the small black ground.

Any switch, but yes if you aren't using a pressure switch, locker switches etc, you just need the power, ground, purple wire. I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the small black ground.

For context, I’m gonna wire up my ARB dual with a Voswitch system this weekend with ARB air lockers going in later this summer.

My ARB dual has two wiring harnesses. One is the larger gauge main power/ground, in the picture is the smaller gauge harness. The connector on the right with only the black and purple insulation plugs directly into the compressor. The white plugs with green/black and yellow/black are for locker solenoids. The spade connectors at the far left plug into another harness that’s designed for ARB’s compressor and locker switches that have some safeties built in so that you can’t lock the front without the rear being locked, you can’t lock the rear without the compressor being on, and you can’t turn on the compressor without the ignition being on. Easy enough for plug and play if you’re using the ARB switches, a little difficult to decipher if you’re going off on your own program and you probably won’t have the built in safeties.

Looking at the ARB wiring diagram, it seems pretty straightforward that yellow is the positive trigger for the rear locker, green is the positive trigger for the front locker, and purple is the positive trigger for the compressor. The black wires are all common with each other and presumably go to ground once they’re attached to the compressor itself.

Long story short, it looks like I can use the supplied ARB harness with my Voswitch system without too much modification with the positive triggers being obvious. The question is if I need to run the small black wire on this harness to ground or if I should just isolate it.

PXL_20230630_060403637.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom