Arb ckma12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I've finally mounted the little :censor:, now I need to run wires. For those whom have one on the drivers side (USA), where in the fire wall did you run wires? Thanks.

Well, I've finally mounted the little :censor:, now I need to run wires. For those whom have one on the drivers side (USA), where in the fire wall did you run wires? Thanks.

Poke a hole through the big grommet. You can't miss it.

Ok, poked the whole and ran wires thru. :clap: Now for the enevitable follow-up, which wires did you use for lighting and power? I've removed the left and upper kick panels and am feeling quite overwhelmed by the amount of wiring. I'm a cautious tinkerer but with a little guidence I think I can get her running in the morning.

Thanks!

Best way is to get a rigrunner, Safest and easiest.

Best way is to get a rigrunner, Safest and easiest.

Ditto again. Use a rig runner for power and just tap a dash light circuit for illumination. It's a simple find. +12v when you turn the lights on, 0v when their off.

With the rig runner I use a 10 minute relay that turns on when it senses 13.2V and turns off when voltage drops below that. Safest way as you dont have to mes with any toyota wires (except for the illumination circuit). Same setup as mitch...

Ran mine straight to the battery for power.

Yes, power to the compressor goes directly to the battery, but what about the interior side of the circuit which is supposed to accept a +12V ACC? It's a relayed connection. Did you jump that back to the battery as well?

If you ran both leads directly to the battery, and forgot to turn off your compressor, it would run all night every time it dips below 70psi.

Running an ACC line directly to the battery, especially without a fuse, is not recommended. You sure you ran the ACC wire from the cab back out to the battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom