AR-15 or FJ-40??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the opportunity to purchase a '75 FJ 40 that will be a project (a bit of) and would have to sell my AR-15 to fund it. Otherwise it is keep the gun and let the 40 go..... opinions?

I wouldn't part with my AR right now for anything...

'Cold, dead fingers' means 'Cold, dead fingers.' :grinpimp:

Got anymore info on the 40? I mean FJ40, not 40 S&W. :cool:

Could you sell some other gubs that aren't in the crosshairs of the current administration for 'regulation' such as hunting rifles and shotguns?

It's possible that you'll never be able to buy another AR, but 40's will always be around and up for grabs unless of course some damn tree-hugger deems those illegal and dangerous to the environment and all of us as well. Who knows....? I guess it's all about how much you shoot it and how much you really like it. I have no use for them, but I'd love to be in a position to grab a 40 and drop a diesel in it. Good luck!

Well as I don't believe the current congress will take up gub control as an issue until the next elections, I believe the AR market has stabilized as evidenced by the numbers available from my distributors. I can get one waaaay cheaper than what I would like to get out of the one I am selling (I am not supposed to say that right?) so I am not worried that much. However I have not seen too many sub $2k FJ-40's with 93k original miles with a 2F and 4speed one owner in a while, it needs some TLC, and revitilization, but I think it is worth it.....I believe i'll pull the trigger...All pun intended

Do I have pics??? That is a silly question..... As far as a carry piece, I would go...well am going with the Taurus Slim when they get back in stock....awesome little gun around $400 in 9mm, so it has more than most micro guns and is better built than the Kel-Tecs in my opinion.....check it out on their website.
ar1.JPG
ar2.JPG
ar3.JPG

I meant pics of the 40...

I have about the same identical AR, Bushmaster A4 but with the pinned flash suppressor and a different scope. The :princess: bought me a Bushnell halosight about 5 years back. I can easily put 4 inch groups together at 100 yards with 62 gr soft point ammo for deer.

After a fun little experience this past Tuesday while deer hunting I'm thinking about sighting in some varmit (coyote) rounds. The hunt site is over run...

ETA: saw the Taurus slim on a shooting show and was interested. I would like to shoot one before I bought one though. I had been looking at the Keltec in 380 b/c it is really small and a pocket gun.

Last edited:
Well as I don't believe the current congress will take up gub control as an issue until the next elections, I believe the AR market has stabilized as evidenced by the numbers available from my distributors. I can get one waaaay cheaper than what I would like to get out of the one I am selling (I am not supposed to say that right?) so I am not worried that much. However I have not seen too many sub $2k FJ-40's with 93k original miles with a 2F and 4speed one owner in a while, it needs some TLC, and revitilization, but I think it is worth it.....I believe i'll pull the trigger...All pun intended

WELL, YOU DIDN'T SAY ALL THAT!!!! Other AR's will be around. One-owner 40's such as this will not! I agree! Pull the trigger and POST SOME PICS!!:cheers:

Steve, have you looked at any Kahr's? I picked up a CW-40 at Trader's. They've always got several models around as well as kel-tecs. I know a lot of ppl w/ Kel-tec's including family, but I'm personally not a fan. From what I've heard, discussed, and read, their quality is hit or miss at best. Just my .02.

High-jack off; maybe.

Eh, I go both ways with kel tec, I like the 9mm ones, but they are not the pocket type, the .32 and .380s kick like mules, but the 9 is a bit larger, still small enuf for an ankle holster and jeans, but hey these are "backup" guns to me I only plan on using one in a brawl otherwise you are going to be pinned to the floor with the P229 .40 cause it "looks" scary and as someone on here said....my .03 (adjusted for inflation):)

I'm thinking like the AR is a lot more replaceable than the 40 deal.
I have a DP4 AR about like yours with a red-dot and light and an all-weather Mini14 with a 3x9x40. I'd have a hard time choosing which one to keep but it'd probably end up the Ruger. If the SHTF I'm probably gonna want the hardiest, ruggedest piece I've got. Jeep vs Yota.
I think the Supreme Court will probably put gun control to sleep this spring but whatever. Since big O longlegs headed for PA Ave last fall there've been so many guns sold they'd never never find them all.
For carry I don't believe in half-stepping. Usually it's .45+P otherwise .357 Mag. Three to five hundred lbs/ft-don't leave home without it.
I've got a KT 9 and a 32 but purely backup or Sunday-go-to-meeting. Give me a lockedandcocked 1911 or a good old wheelgun if I'm in a bind.
Just my nickels worth. The price of advice goes up with age.
b

I like where your head is Bill, I carry a .40 ( the old don't go to a gunfight with anything that doesnt have a 4 in it) rings true, but as a backup piece, leg holster type thing I like the kel tec, but the new taurus slim is perfect, it comes in 9mm (which is better than .380 or .32) and is small enough to not see. I think I found a way to keep the AR and the 40, just borrow it from the old parents, and make a payment back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom