April 23rd Adopt A Trail workday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for the late notice but I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. I pulled the short straw to take my dog to the vet.

Sorry for the late notice but I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. I pulled the short straw to take my dog to the vet.
Bummer, we'll miss you. Thanks for the notice!

And perhaps a little muddy? Forecast for last night was heavy snow in Fawnskin. Will, no doubt, be melting today.
HAHAHA! You're such an optimist, Brent! Do you really think we got enough moisture from this "storm" to make a difference in runoff? I imagine it's so dry there that the ground will suck it up long before we see it! See you tomorrow! Don't forget your rain boots...

HAHAHA! You're such an optimist, Brent! Do you really think we got enough moisture from this "storm" to make a difference in runoff? I imagine it's so dry there that the ground will suck it up long before we see it! See you tomorrow! Don't forget your rain boots...
I'm a realist Joe, just a realist. We got poured on last night.

Less dust is always good!!!

Great fun and lots accomplished today!!

It was a good work day. Before we got to work Somehow the club elders managed to spray the trails to keep the dust down and even brought in some snow 😉. Our first task was to use the snow to completely snuff out a hot fire ring that was recklessly abandoned. Smokey would have been proud.Safety first!
As the day went on, it took two 80 series and a 4Runner to clear a couple of downed trees that threatened to slide down the hill onto the trail. Brush clearing was the main task of the day sprinkled with some drain cleaning. Nice to work side by side with a couple of grumpy old men! I think at least one really appreciated a good and sharp gas power tool! A couple Sasquatch Researchers figured out how to strap two slick and two sticker tires to their Jeep and took them off the trail. Yeh!
The work day ended with a round table lunch (ok just is sitting in a semi round circle) Most of us head down the mountain, a couple rigs headed to Holcomb Dam and John Bull trailhead before ending our day at Baldwin Lake.
Maybe the club can camp by Holcomb Dam and check out John Bull or Holcomb Creek for our June club event!

I think Brent might have been giving Travis a few golf tips!

IMG_0264.jpg

Hey all - I just noticed we don't have a photo album for this April 2022 Club AAT day on our club website! If you have any photos to contribute (other than the one above with Travis practicing his golf stance with a rake!), will you please get them to Chris (Otis on 'MUD) so he can add them to our website? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom