Anyone with 315's on stock gears in the Triad want to give me a ride???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey guys

Im horribly stuck on whether to get 285/305's for my wifes rig or to bite the bullet and go 315's...

We just ordered a TJM 2" for it, and we know we'd like the look of 315's the most but im just a little worried about a few things

I'd like to see how one felt with 315's and stock gears, Im also worried about losing my ability to engine brake, on the highway in the mountains and offroad....

The highest elevation i'll ever really see is ~2000 ft or so, fwiw....

Give me a shout
Brian Lawson | Facebook

or

(540)9217355 (text/call)

I live in Greensboro, in between Wendover and West Market near the Auto Auction and all of the Car Dealers

Thanks Guys
Brian

I've got a 93 on OME heavies with 35's. basically the same setup if you're interested.

ETA: I just saw you're from Narrows...small world man. I'm from Dublin.

I didnt notice any negative affect on engine braking. On the trail in Low/Low it does just fine and on the few desired occasions on the highway I clicked the overdrive off to raise the rpm and help stay off the brakes on some longer descents.

Im at wendover and skeet club but not exactly a fair comparison, but there are a couple of us here in town with that combo or if you can make the meet and greet in a couple weeks you can see even more. Its feb 17-19th a little over an hour south in albemarle and their is a sticky link to it at the top of the ONSC page.

Jason, Eric told me about the show and offered to take me for a ride sometime tomorrow if we can make our schedules work together..
I may try and make the meet, but i probably wont have a Land Cruiser to bring! Im hoping to have it tore down in the garage in the process of the axle rebuild and lift install... I should finsih the axle by mid week, and hopefully the lift has arrived by then...

I need to be ordering tires next week or the week after at the latest though... part of me wants them here for when the lift is done, the other part wants to see what the lift looks like first....

Are you going to be around today? I know yours is on 4" but it may still at least give me an idea of what 315s will look like... I probably shouldnt ride in yours, It's supercharged isnt it??? My wallet would hate me if i got bit by that bug!!! haha

Sorry, just got back from a ride.
Yeah, Im around today and tomorrow untill lunch.
4'' front spring and J rear springs but after 4 years and some armor Im right at 3'' above stock.
Youll likely get 3'' of lift over your current 17 yr old springs.

Mines a good exampe of why to get the appropriate * of castor however :D

336 four seven one 7176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom