Anyone want/need later 40 soft doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up a pair of decent full soft doors for a 40. These are for later models I think, or if you have a soft top on with some posts. (I have a 1970 body with no top) and the paddles on the inside of the doors dont have anything to catch on.

I bought em for $25.00

Asking for the same if you want them I can deliver them to Cbus on December 8th/9th.

Let me know if you want photos. they are up in the attic of the garage and a PITA to get to.

I can also put one on my 40 to show you what I am talking about.

Pretty sure they are aftermarket. I held them up to the 40, said yep wont fit and put them up in the attic. Bout 25 seconds in total. so I guess that works to a buck a second.

I pmed you on the tires for your bro as well Nick. Let me know.

I will take them.
I run a bikini all summer and the soft doors would be easier to pull off the truck when I wheel.
Are you coming through Cleveland on your way to cbus??
I will paypal you some cash for them.
Dave

Dave, I wont be coming through Cleveland. Closest I will probably get is Toledo or Bowling Green off of US 23. Which is still like 2 hours each way for you..

Dont worry about paypal. We can meet up somewhere if it will work for you.

Also you can check them out to make sure they are gonna work for you. I have an earlier 40 body and these dont have anything on the inside of the body to catch on when I have my bikini top on. I think if the hard top was on it the doors would have something to catch on the top it self, but the paddles on the inside are way to high up to catch on the body.

Probably be in that neighborhood around 5pm on the 8th and going back through there around 6pm or so on the 9th.

Let me know.

Warren

I do not think that the tub is any higher on the later models. Mine is a 1980 and the more I think about it the more I think that they might not work as I will likely never put my hard top back on. If you dig them out of the attic measure how far from the bottom of the door to the latch post and let me know.
Dave

Well crap I was up there today to get the christmas tree...

I will measure and report back asap.

OEM soft doors latch to the top and therefore won't stay closed if the top is not on. They also have a squarish plexiglass window that goes up and down.
If they are OEM, I'm third in line.
Peter

Okay, The are for an FJ 40. at least when I had the one door on the drivers side it fit like a glove, all except for the hinge.

My silver star expired, lets see if I can post a few up.

Measurements from the bottom of the door to the hinge are about 21", the inner latch is about 3-4 inches shy of the tub. I bet if you ran with the top off and just the round tube posts the doors would work. hillbilly but would work. I am pretty sure these would work fine if you had a top as peterb stated.

Anyway. If there is interest along the MI to Columbus route let me know. by Like tonight. or else I will keepem till I find a used soft top.
IMG_2606.JPG
IMG_2609.JPG
IMG_2608.JPG

More for the masses

Never mind the wagon and stroller and other kids BS leaning/under/on top of the truck.
IMG_2604.JPG
IMG_2607.JPG
IMG_2605.JPG

Gotta love the keson pocket rod for showing up in pictures...

Doesn't sound like it would work for my needs, I will pass.

Dave

Ding Ding, Winner for knowing a pocket rod is not a dirty word in some lines of work!!

Commonly used by Those who look at wrecked cars for a living to establish and easily take pictures of impact height.....
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom