Anyone use NavTool Carplay in a 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought the Grom Audio Vline VL2 in a group buy and wish I would have read about all of the problems before I did. I have not yet installed it and am not sure if I am going to.

I ran across NavTool and am curious if anyone has any experience with it.

following. I think I saw a YouTube video about it.

I just got a 2016 200 yesterday, Def need to add carplay. was wondering if I should change the head unit and speakers at same time and call it a good Days work.

if anyone has experience with aftermarket headunit that retains factory functionality, happy to hear it!

From what I understand if you have the ML system there is no way to replace the speakers unless you replace basically everything due to the specific ohms and power load of the factory amp.

Not sure how you would work the HVAC system on newer LCs with this unit. I can't find a manual on line and the Kenwood website does not discuss it. Also does not appear to be a Sirius XM receiver, so you would be relying on cell signal for satellite radio. I am hoping for a good CarPlay head unit, but I think we are stuck with the random patchwork of options that are all deficient in one way or another. Hopefully the 300 series head unit will be a direct swap 🙏

yeah the Climate control seems to be the main problem.

I'm going to look into adding an aftermarket amp and using that to power different speakers. Or I'm sure there are 2 ohm speakers around that do better.

I just got my 2016 yesterday, and the sound field sounds like it's coming from in front of me rather than being immersive. there are some pretty good sound guys near where I live, so I'll probaably see if they have any experience working with LC when i get a chance

I bought the Grom Audio Vline VL2 in a group buy and wish I would have read about all of the problems before I did. I have not yet installed it and am not sure if I am going to.

I ran across NavTool and am curious if anyone has any experience with it.
I was planning on purchasing this unit as well, what problems are reading about that has you questioning your purchase? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom