Anyone try AT tires on stock 20" rims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about putting a set of Toyo Open Country A/T 3's (or similar) on the stock 20" rims until slee makes a proper lift kit. Has anyone tried a slightly larger tire on the stock rims yet? Thoughts on rubbing issues going up to the 265/60R20 from the stock 265/55R20? No one makes a 265/55 AT tire.
So, yes I am asking "what's the largest tire you can put on a stock LX600 without a lift" without trying to sound like a total ass hat.

Reactions: MoJ
I'm thinking about putting a set of Toyo Open Country A/T 3's (or similar) on the stock 20" rims until slee makes a proper lift kit. Has anyone tried a slightly larger tire on the stock rims yet? Thoughts on rubbing issues going up to the 265/60R20 from the stock 265/55R20? No one makes a 265/55 AT tire.
So, yes I am asking "what's the largest tire you can put on a stock LX600 without a lift" without trying to sound like a total ass hat.
Somebody always has to be the first to ask that question. 👍

:) @Bomar has worked on this problem a good bit. Apparently it's tight, with any increase in size needing trimming.
From what I can see, @Bomar was playing with aftermarket rims and tire options. And that seems to be mainly based around 18" rims. I don't see any info about stock 20" rims and tires. I'll follow up with him though.

You might be able to fit a 275/60R20 but less aggressive sidewall the better.

It will be a very tight fit.

You still might have to trim or run spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom