Anyone open on the 23rd? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I just spoke with Tom at Hell Creek, and it looks like my 4 inch Springs will be shipping out on Thursday or Friday of this week. If I have the springs here by the 23rd, I am looking to install on the 23rd. So if anyone is bored, and would like to stop by and help install, the help would be much appreciated. Everything that is going on is going to be brand new, ie shackles, pins, bushings, u-bolts, shocks, steering stabilizer..... The good thing is that the tub/wheels are off the body for easy access, bad thing is that I dont have any air tools as I dont believe my air compressor will support them and old bolts. Ill keep this thread up to date, once again this is dependent upon arrival of the springs.

Did you ever hear from OCDBeetle

Yea, supposively my too and doors will be shipped out on April 25th... There was a big uproar on the "canvas soft tops" thread by those of us who ordered that were getting dicked around so Jim responded individually. I doubt the top will be shipped on the 25th, I've practically lost faith in his word..

How have you been doing? I was going to give you a call today but school has me spinning right now.

I'm off that day. Have any birfs that need washing? :doh:

Just wanted to say thank you to those who showed up to help today, I really appreciate all the help installing my lift. Thank you Chris and Joe!

Awesome! Sorry I missed it. The other half had lots of plans for me this Easter weekend that I was unaware of.
Spring cleaning sux....

Post pics

Kevin, its all good. I was gonna call you but I forgot. Hope you survived spring cleaning! I'll email you some pics.

Chris, if you ever need help with that sweet deal fj40 you got from that guy on here, give me a call. I'm sure it's fixable. Plenty of people roll vehicles and fix them. No sweat

Lee, I understand that there is more to it than that, I was referring to trail roll overs. Roll overs on the highway are a different story. Hope your doing okay.

OCB Soft Top?

Daniel, did you get your soft top from OC Beetle? If so, how's the fit and quality? And how long did it take for delivery? Just wondering if that's a viable option to repairing my smashed up top. I think the cost would be about the same.

Thanks,
Lee

Jim,

You've hit a sour note in my life. Here's the story...

Jim requires a deposit when ordered, so I put a deposit down towards mid October of last year. Jim contacted me Nov. 11th saying my top and doors were finished and needed the remanding amount. So I paid November 11th and was told both items would be shipped the following week. Since then I've emailed Jim once a month and only recieved disrespectful run around and the typical "it'll ship next week.". Come to find out Jim has been doing this to over 40 of us. If you look at his thread you will see the long list of people waiting. The list proves Jim lied to each and everyone of us as I am now 22nd on the not so legit list. However, woytovich has taken over as Jims admin guy and I will say that since I emailed him a week ago, I finally received my soft doors that Jim said were finished months ago. However I have not received the top and am a very unsatisfied customer. I believe NatVet was and is in the same boat as I am with this situation and it's a very sore spot for me. If I am 22nd on the list, I probably won't be seeing my top until after November which is 1 year after I was originally told it was finished. So if your willing to be lied to, avoided by Jim, and treated like s*** after sending a stranger a large chunk of Money, I say go for it. If not, southboston always seems to be selling softtops on here, and if I knew then what I know now, I would have went that route. Ah, this softtop subject pisses me off. Jim has acted quite opposite than anyone else I have met in this Landcruiser community and that is a shame because I've been told he makes a quality top. I suggest reading through his entire thread which is "canvas soft tops" prior to making a purchase. Anyways hope your doing well. Glad to hear your 40 is coming along as well as your head. If you ever need anything please contact me!

Lol I just realized I addressed that rant to Jim, I meant to put Lee in the header. Can you tell how much it pisses me off?

Lol I just realized I addressed that rant to Jim, I meant to put Lee in the header. Can you tell how much it pisses me off?

Yeah, I sensed that you weren't pleased. Just read part of that thread. I'm gonna take a pass on Jim's soft top. Sounds like a crap shoot as to whether I'd ever get it. I'll need a hard top for the upcoming Alaska expedition anyway, so might as well fix it. The truck is supposed to be completed by the end of May. With any luck my head will be rebuilt about the same time, thanks to modern medicine and titanium rods. :rolleyes:

Alaska expedition? When ya going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom