Anyone on the fence for Slee Sliders, etc.? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am considering ordering a set of Slee slidersteps for AHC Slee - Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser Rock Sliders.

I contacted Slee sales support and there's about $100 in shipping savings to be had if more than one set is ordered and shipped. Shipping to Birmingham is normally @$200 per individual set. There's also some incremental savings ($25) from shipping to a loading dock as opposed to a residential address. I don't have access to a loading dock.

Thought I would reach out to this group to see if anyone else is considering sliders or any other purchase from Slee and might want to combine orders to save shipping costs.

Thanks!

Spoke with MetalTech and have exchanged multiple messages with dnp. The MT sliders listed by dnp won't work for an AHC truck. MT went to a two-leg model with beefier legs at some point that is compatible with both AHC and non-AHC. The listed sliders are the older model with three legs that only work for non-AHC trucks. Someone without AHC is going to get a great deal on dnp's sliders.

So I'm back on the Slee sliderstep train . . .

You couldn't cut a leg off and use it?

Thought about that. The rep at MT basically said I could try it, but the legs on the newer two-leg version are made with heavier rectangular tube to compensate for one less leg. He said I would probably want to reinforce the two remaining legs somehow if I cut the middle one off of the older set. I'm not so much worried about the strength of the sliders as I am the fit. Not sure the outer feet on the older three-feet version would clear the AHC equip on the driver's side. I think the tolerances are pretty tight. I don't want to take a risk and then find out that the sliders extend either too far forward or backward into the wheel wells because the two remaining legs can't clear the AHC.

I'm really liking my White Knuckles. Very stout. The website makes you pick between LC and LX so I assume he knows what to do with AHC.

@fletch301 I am a member of H.O.T South Cruisers in Huntsville. I am considering my slider options. The Slee step sliders have been an option that I have always liked from a looks standpoint. They look very clean. I daily my 100 and I have kids, so I have not even removed the factory steps. I have been looking at WKOR, but I am still considering Slee. When do you plan to order? I was working on a comparison sheet, earlier this evening, as I am prepping for HIH9.

Anyone know if Slee uses DOM or standard HREW tubing for their rub rails?

@fletch301 I am a member of H.O.T South Cruisers in Huntsville. I am considering my slider options. The Slee step sliders have been an option that I have always liked from a looks standpoint. They look very clean. I daily my 100 and I have kids, so I have not even removed the factory steps. I have been looking at WKOR, but I am still considering Slee. When do you plan to order? I was working on a comparison sheet, earlier this evening, as I am prepping for HIH9.

Anyone know if Slee uses DOM or standard HREW tubing for their rub rails?

@shevy77 - not sure about DOM vs. HREW. Sent you a PM.

I am in Spring Hill, TN (30 miles north of the line on I65) and am looking at these. I got a quote an even to a commercial address it was $215 shipping. I would be very interested in a group order to save $.

@shevy77 I am registered for HIH9 too! Went last year and it was a blast!

I am in Spring Hill, TN (30 miles north of the line on I65) and am looking at these. I got a quote an even to a commercial address it was $215 shipping. I would be very interested in a group order to save $.

@shevy77 I am registered for HIH9 too! Went last year and it was a blast!

I don't know about a group buy, but we were able to save about $70 apiece on shipping by combining an order for two sets of step sliders to a residential address. Shipping would have been about $220 apiece to Birmingham if ordered separately. Slee has both the AHC and non-AHC in stock - ordered this morning and received tracking info this afternoon. Best bet would be to find someone near you who also wants a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom