Anyone know anything about Century Welders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a welding setup for sale locally to me that includes a
83171 Century 170GL flux 130 amp cold 220V Model 117-079-100.
He is asking 550$ for a cart, bottle, helmet, gloves, and a couple of spools of wire.

Now after some google searching I came up with very little about the company or specific model. I found that they were bought up by lincoln but that is about it. Would it be better to go with this 220V used welder or just grab a Hobart 140? It will be mostly used for sheet metal and maybe some bumpers and sliders in the future.

Century was the "home owner"/economy brand of Solar Electric. Years ago they they were bought out by Lincoln and most of the welding products in those brands were discontinued, making parts hard to get. At one time they made OK welders, lots of them branded and sold by wagon jobbers like Snap-on. But in later years most of their welders were imports. I would pass on it.

I've got an old Century thaat I'd be willing to part with for the right price & local p/up.

I bought my hobart 220v welder with auto helmet, bottle, wire, cart, etc...from tractor supply for under $500 new...

look around, ask the welding shop if they have any trade-ins and talk to some buddies. You can do a lot better than that deal...

bk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom