Anyone hitting the trails between Xmas and New Years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone hitting the trails between Xmas and New Years?

I’d love to get a night or two in down in Mark Twain or Ozark. Even a casual day at Kansas Rocks could be fun.

Wound up doing the High Watermark over Thanksgiving (solo… in one day…). Would have been great to have some company and someone to pull me out when I decided to play submarine in a bottomless bog hole 😂

Is there a local group map with trails somewhere? I have been thinking about taking the 100 out to do a little trail riding just to get out and about and see some of the trails... In south OP, off 159th and Nall near BV high, so stuff that is close proximity to that would be awesome.

Is there a local group map with trails somewhere? I have been thinking about taking the 100 out to do a little trail riding just to get out and about and see some of the trails... In south OP, off 159th and Nall near BV high, so stuff that is close proximity to that would be awesome.
There aren’t many options super close to the KC area. Plenty of minimum maintenance farm roads, but that’s about the extent. Next closest would be Kansas Rocks— an off-road park probably an hour from where you are. After that, the national forests are about 4 hours away. I could share some Gaia trails of places I’ve been in Mark Twain and Ozark. There are a few landmarks and plenty of exploring.

New place by Lexington MO just opened but it is a little raw still. Not sure I'd take my 100 out there yet.

New place is called Ray Rocks Off Road Park.
I joined their facebook page. It is open but green, meaning the trails are tough and not established yet..
Meaning in english. perhaps a more dedicated wheeling vehicle instead of a Overland rig would be best.
Seems to have a TON of potential and we have a club members shop that is VERY close should we need anything.

I might be convinced to go out around NewYears but nothing too hard and weather permitting. Pick something.. I would prefer easier..
maybe "the loop" (not even sure where that is yet)
Glade top? something scenic and easy? I would hate to break something in the extreme cold.
THose are two i want to go see and i imagine are 100 series friendly.

KS Rocks will get slippery with any bit of moisture in the ground. Best case will be the snow melting and it staying frozen if that's the game plan. My arm could be twisted for a day trip on NYE with the Mini, weather permitting. We have some family activities in the evening of NYE and then the day of NY that I'd want to be home for.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom