anyone help with inverter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i got myself a 500 watt 12v inverter Power Inverters for Semi Truck Reviews: Top-5 in January 2019! to run my ps3 and tv, i tested it with my car battery and it powers the tv and ps3 fine. so i'm planning to run it straight to one of the lorry batterys and running cables from the battery into the cab.

so my questions are
1.does all this sound ok?
2.and how many metres and what cable should i use? and its a renault magnum is anyone would know the distance to the batteries??
3.are just using crocodile clips ok?

cheers for any help!

Suggest a fuse. Don't know the amp draw from the ps3 or tv, but typically go 20% higher than that. You will need to measure the distance of cabeling needed, then use a chart like this to figure out wire size Online Wire Size Calculators & Tables. Finally, crocodile clips can work, but it's much better to crimp the correct ends onto your wires and secure them properly to the battery and inverter.

If this helps I ran cables(1guage made in merica) wire from aux battery to rear quarter used a ressetable blue sea breaker right next to batery under hood. the cables power the inveroter 700watt PSW and before I went to inveroter i used blue sea blocks to seperate the runs from inveroter to twin ARB compressor. been running for two years in all conditions no problem. use cheap wiring stuff your asking for a fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom