anyone have SST for front knuckle I could borrow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi,
i'm kind of a new guy here and lookin to borrow sst tool for front knuckle.
i'm not smart enough to have kept up with spacers when i pulled them off the minitruck axles. (putting them on my 73 fj40).
i'm gonna join the group.
think i need to offer to help when you guys have a wrenching party so i can better work on my own stuff.
i'm in raleigh.

Which SST are you talking about the the knuckle? Do you mean the fish scale for checking the bearing load? I just have a cheap scale that I bought at walmart years ago. I've also seen a nicer digital version.

If you look at the April meeting post, we're having the meeting at my house in Apex (this Sunday) and I'll be working on the knuckles of my 80series.

Thanks!
I'd really like that Greg. I plan to be there.

I'm talking about the sst that measures the shims you need to center the knuckle.

I'm in the middle of upgrading to front disks from mini-truck knuckles.

Welcome, throughout the group we have a few, I'll se if I can't get you one for the weekend.

You should join us this coming Sunday details below:

April Meeting-4/13/09 in APEX

Greg
Southerncruiser62,
If your SST tool for measuring the shims for new knuckles (drum to disc brake conversion) is still available I could certainly make use of it.
I have my axles stripped down right now and have been searching for one for some time now...
Please let me know if it could be rented out or borrowed in some way.

I am in Phoenix AZ
Thanks in advance one way or another!

20180105_131552.jpg

Southerncruiser62,
If your SST tool for measuring the shims for new knuckles (drum to disc brake conversion) is still available I could certainly make use of it.
I have my axles stripped down right now and have been searching for one for some time now...
Please let me know if it could be rented out or borrowed in some way.

I am in Phoenix AZ
Thanks in advance one way or another!

View attachment 1609815

Way to bump a nearly 10 year old thread :p

We have a SST for the club, but it's available only to club members. Good luck to you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom