Anyone have any information about the FJ62's that were made/sold only for Puerto Rico and Mexico? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I believe I read somewhere (possibly on here) there were a number of Land Cruisers made/marketed for PR/Mexico, but I'm having trouble finding any information here or on the web. I also think I read that it's those particular vehicles that have the fuel tank recall issues for them?

I have a 1989 FJ62 with brown interior that's white with a tannish-brown stripe. I haven't seen that particular brown interior or white/tannish-brown stripe on any LC's I've seen in the US. I also understand my LC was bought in Puerto Rico and spent most of it's life there until it was sold in Miami in 2020 and shipped to Colorado where I bought it.

I would appreciate any information and thank you!

I am sure someone else knows better than me but I believe the 60 series was only produced in Japan and Venezuela. I have seen first hand there were some odd variants that came out of the Venezuela factory so anything is possible.

Mexico got no Cruisers except very few 60yrs ago.

PR did get poverty pack 80’s and 100’s , beyond that I don’t know.

Cheers
Thank you for the response. What's a 'poverty pack' if you don't mind answering?

Poverty pack is slang for a base model vehicle. Vinyl seats, no carpet, fewer/no mouldings and so-on.

I did see a fair number of 60’s, 80’s, 100’s, and 200’s last time I was there. Seems like the market is similar to South Florida as it relates to Land Cruisers.

Think I would start with the model number on the data plaque under the hood. That should have more build information. Usually a vehicle made for a certain market had a letter at the end which would indicate what market. A at the end indicates America, K indicates Canada. This is an extra letter. General market will not the extra letter.

Think I would start with the model number on the data plaque under the hood. That should have more build information. Usually a vehicle made for a certain market had a letter at the end which would indicate what market. A at the end indicates America, K indicates Canada. This is an extra letter. General market will not the extra letter.
You can find out a ton about your vehicle if you look up it's serial number. There's nothing special about mine, but I've never seen a solid brown inferior & a white exterior with a brown stripe before. It's all original. I'll post some pics of the FJ60 this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom