Anyone have a Power Tank or similar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive got this 30% off coupon that expires at the end of this month. Not that I really need a Powertank right now but I hate to let it go to waste.

Anyone have one? Looks like the 10lb is their most popular and cheapest package. I'm just trying to figure out which size to go with.

I have a set up that isn't Powertank. It is a 10lb tank. I think you might remember it wiggling around in the back of the cab at Crawl.

I do remember that. They claim a 10lb tank is capable of airing up a lot of tires but I guess I'm having a hard time believing that.

This is what I have. It's the next size up from a 10, whatever that is. Bought it about 13 yrs ago and have used it quite a bit. Mainly use it for air when wheeling or camping. Used to use it for air tools, but with all the cordless stuff nowadays I rarely do any more.

It will air up a lot of tires. Usually holds about 1500 psi of CO2 when full.

Downsides are getting it filled, having to have it re-certified every 5yrs, and not using it for tools much.

If a guy has on board air I can't see much use for it. It is portable however. Kind of a toss up IMO.

It is handy if no other air is available.

IMG_0141.JPG

Thanks Mark

I'm actually kind of leaning towards that 15lb like you have. I can get it without the mount for cheaper than the 10lb with the mount. Neither option is real cheap but the coupon makes it more bearable.

CO2 is awesome. You will can air up nearly all four of your tires in the time it takes someone with OBA to air up one of theirs. Do it!

The one Lance has works well. The Powertanks we get for the Ramble are always real nice. I would get the bracket for sure for easier mounting.

Metropolitan Fire Extinguisher here in LR on 65th street can fill them, and recert the tank if needed. http://www.metrofireext.com/

One thing about a power tank you can re seat a broken bead or run air tools with it, in addition to filling a lot of tires,and swap it from vehicle to vehicle , I have a 10lb tank I've had for ever ..

Pulled the trigger on a 15lb unit. Got it with the 250psi regulator and 25ft air hose. Feel like I got a pretty solid deal at 30% off.

One thing about a power tank you can re seat a broken bead or run air tools with it, in addition to filling a lot of tires,and swap it from vehicle to vehicle , I have a 10lb tank I've had for ever ..

The ability to reseat a bead was pretty impressive to me. Not that I've ever run into that issue but it'll be nice to know I can handle it should the need arise.

@Tireguy87 Where the heck did you get the 30% off coupon?!

I been eye-balling a new digital gauge tire inflator for some time now.

Reminds me, I need to get my tank recert'd.

@Tireguy87 Where the heck did you get the 30% off coupon?!

I been eye-balling a new digital gauge tire inflator for some time now.

Reminds me, I need to get my tank recert'd.

Won it at the Crawl last October.

I think I'll be happy with it. I don't know if I would've ever thought about buying one if I didn't have that discount.

Well, it's a shame I didn't catch this thread before you had to use it.. I would have maybe tried to buy it off ya lol.

Come to Ramble or Crawl and win one...:)

I think the cost of gas or a plane ticket will out-weight the value of that coupon lol. Not to mention, with my crap luck there's no guarantee of even winning one!!! Good try though ;)

I think I'll be happy with it. I don't know if I would've ever thought about buying one if I didn't have that discount.
If you hate it, I bet I know someone who would take it off your hands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom