Anyone around Columbia MO? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.midwestautoworx.com
Just got a 94 FZJ80 and I was wondering if there are any other Cruiserphiles in the Columbia area. I have only seen 3-4 80s in Columbia and a couple 40s but im looking for some folks that might be able to meet up every once in a while and wheel a little.

I think there are but they hang out on the Tornado Alley Cruisers Clubhouse Corner. We try to get out as often as possible. There is a group of Toyota Minis Goin to Flatnasty May 16-18.

*EDITED* TLCA President Alan Loshbaugh calls Columbia, MO home too.

Last edited:
I think CHEF is in columbia and maybe coming down to Flat Nasty this Saturday.

No need for an 80 - I'd love to see you bring the 40 out, even just for show!

No need for an 80 - I'd love to see you bring the 40 out, even just for show!

Hey i forgot all about the trip to Flatnasty over the weekend.

I hope to be able to "show it off" that way you guys can tell me what i need to do to get it closer to stock.

lunyou

Lunyou, it was your old rusty topless wonder that got me into Cruisers, my buddy Dan and I wheeled it a couple times the winter before you got it (and decapitated it) out near my dads land, needless to say I was impressed by its ability.....too bad Dans gotten out of 4x4s all together (Just traded his 1 gen 4runner for 2 old Honda bikes, to go on top of his Kawa and Zuki bikes he already has----I say if you have twice the number of motorcycles to cars you are no longer a car-guy)

small world huh.......well actually we are just a few miles apart so it can be expected. Did you help him spray that expanding foam in the rear quarters?

lunyou

That was there when he got it, I think he got that from Chicago or Michigan one or the other, towed it back behind his moms Montero, LOL, a little over the load, the only thing he did to it was put miles on it, I think he did a carb and brakes though, but its been so long I cant remember, I do remember putting it on some mean rocks and it pulling right outta my dads yard like it was dry, up hill on 4 inches of ice and 3 inches of snow. LCs are BAD!

I am prett sure it came from Michigan. I do hypothesize that it set on the side of the road(parellel parked) b/c the drivers side was rusted alot worse than the passenger side.

Yeah he put "a shiny new carb" and new brakes on it. It runs really good just like crap, but believe it or not I have a guy saving up cash to buy it as is.

lunyou

If I had the cash id buy it and restore it kindof nostalgic I guess the last time I ever saw my dad alive we went to his house in that bad boy, I hope the new owner finishes what you started!

how much cash you have??

The guy is wanting to cut the rear off of it and shorten it down and then have "a buddy" build a canvas cover over the back(like a bed cover).

I wish I could finished what I started. I hate that I cut the top off a 60 that, while it did need major work, has a good strong motor and seems to be a rebuilt tranny, and then not be able to finish it.

I would keep it but the wife said if I get a 40 then both 60's had to atleast go back home......my dad really didn't want it in his backyard and no one else wants it. I actually was considering cutting it off at the cab and building a tray back like they do in the land down under.

lunyou

What do you want for it Ben?

Are you wanting to buy it back? That could have some comic relief to it.

I have a neighbor that says he has $600 on its way so he can buy it. I figured I could get that for it in scrap and parting it out. I told HIM I would take $600 for it.f

If you want it back make me an offer.

lunyou

how much cash you have??

The guy is wanting to cut the rear off of it and shorten it down and then have "a buddy" build a canvas cover over the back(like a bed cover).

I wish I could finished what I started. I hate that I cut the top off a 60 that, while it did need major work, has a good strong motor and seems to be a rebuilt tranny, and then not be able to finish it.

I would keep it but the wife said if I get a 40 then both 60's had to atleast go back home......my dad really didn't want it in his backyard and no one else wants it. I actually was considering cutting it off at the cab and building a tray back like they do in the land down under.

lunyou

Not enough to buy AND restore it.....sure I could buy it but youd have to understand the neighborhood I live in wouldnt have it sitting out in front of the house, neither would the :princess:

Dans house however is a different story LOL

Yes it is but $600 is more than I paid for it when it had a top, and I'd have a hard time justifying buying it back. But if you were giving it away, for say $100 or so I could talk myself into it.

Dan I completely understand....that is the reason I didn't post it for sale on MUD. I never eve00 n considered selling it until my neighbor asked it I wanted too......he tried to trade me a long bed 197x chevy cheyenne of some sort that needed body work and a tranny.

Then I told him I could get $600 worth of parts out of it and he said I will sell my truck for $600 and buy it from you.

SO until I see the money I won't hold my breath, and even after I have the cash in hand until the bank deposits it in my account I won't be completely satisfied.....yeah he is that kind of neighbor.

lunyou

Dan im pretty sure I could think of one person who would talk you out of it even if it were free! LOL......too much junk in the backyard as it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom