Anybody know of a good not so pricey mechanic to do a disc brake conversion on my 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ttahara

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently bought a front disc brake kit with all new bearings from SOR and I don't trust myself to do the work by myself so i am wondering if anybody knows of some not so pricey mechanics they trust to do the work for me..I have already been to two shops..one guy on cross county said he can do it for 85/hr and another guy i normally use said he would do it for 70/hr..any suggestions would be much appreciated..thanks

We have a HAMON on 14 March. We could do it then.
Going to do an overnighter at Indiandocs place. (near Sumter)

That would be fine..i would even be willing to pay whoever does it or helps me...whats a HAMON?

That's where we meet and wrench on vehicles......:wrench:...:wrench:
acronym for help a member...:hmm:
Only cost involved is parts, labor is free (plus beer for some of us) (mtn dew for me):clap:

thats awesome..that would save me so much money too..ill bring all the beer and mtn dew u guys want..count me in..

Lex-Tech Automotive is the best.

Met Tristan today and checked out his 40....great right side drive rig....great condition too. One thing I noticed that we need to address is he has lug locks on wheels and no key. I have been told you can get them off with a tight fitting socket and impact wrench but need to make sure.

Would it also be good idea for him to pick up a couple extra wheel studs in case one breaks during removal of front tires or are the toyota ones pretty strong?

If he can swing by a tire shop they can take off the 4 lug locks in a jiffy....Otherwise maybe pick up a lug lock removal socket from the friendly local auto parts store......The socket could certainly work as long as it doesnt split but it'll probably ruin it....I'd think a 12pt would be the socket of choice.....

yeah at tleast you can get good lugs and if a bolt snaps they can replace it on spot and not be stuck in Sumter trying to find one on Saturday night or Sunday.....just in case.

Brock,

What did you say I needed to get for the tent? something about seam tape and 3M adhesive spray? I did find some lugs in case mine would happen to break off so im pretty sure i got everything i need..

yeah seam tape and some 3M or other waterproofing spray....put the new tape on all the sewn seams...and then spray rain fly and floor of tent with the treatment.

Tent Repair

Nikwax Tent and Gear Solarproof Waterproofing Spray at REI.com

I am sure DBENKE can give you some BoyScout tricks but that is what I did to it and made it last since 1995 already...no holes in it...all you might need is some new stakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom