Any recommendation on a windshield replacement shop in Charlotte area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NY2NC

Threads
I have about a 3-4 inch crack. A Safelite tech came out this morning and he said the crack was too long to repair. So, he said I would eventually have to replace the windshield.

I did a quick search, and only found one recommendation for Quackt Glass in Fort Mill. But that was a post from a 100 series owner. Before I commit to Quackt, any recommendations on glass shops in the area that know how to replace an 80s windshield? I read far too many issues of leaks and wind noise, and do not want to go down that road.

Thank you!

There's a husband and wife team that will go to a dealership and replace them there; both Town & Country and Hendrick Lexus use them. I have had them replace an 80 and LX570 windshield for me, but I don't have their contact info. I'd recommend calling the dealerships and see if you can get a recommendation from them.

The dealerships stopped replacing windshields long ago, because they wanted to charge for two and no one wanted to pay that, so they've been subcontracting the work ever since.

Tandem Glass
704-512-8137

They come to you. Did a great job on my Golf TDI (no air noise or gaps). I would use them again.

We had a most likley 2 cruisers a day go through the charlotte safelite shop when I worked there.

An 80 is a gasket job, which is not a common thing and requires a lot of pressure to set the glass. Most likely since the last 80 was sold. Most places don't train specifically on gaskets so it will he either an older tech that knows what they are doing or a good tech. Take it in to safelite shop and ask for Andrew Robinson to do it. There are other places that can do it but nothing touches a safelite warranty or the hoops they will jump through to make it right if something goes wrong.

We had a most likley 2 cruisers a day go through the charlotte safelite shop when I worked there.

An 80 is a gasket job, which is not a common thing and requires a lot of pressure to set the glass. Most likely since the last 80 was sold. Most places don't train specifically on gaskets so it will he either an older tech that knows what they are doing or a good tech. Take it in to safelite shop and ask for Andrew Robinson to do it. There are other places that can do it but nothing touches a safelite warranty or the hoops they will jump through to make it right if something goes wrong.
That's perfect. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Which Charlotte shop is Andrew at? 1301 Carrier or 5031 West W.T. Harris? Thanks again!

Ask for Jamie from Mobile Pro Autoglass in charlotte. Best in the business, knows how to use the rivet gun for 100s. He comes to you. I’ve replaced all our windshields with him.

Ask for Jamie from Mobile Pro Autoglass in charlotte. Best in the business, knows how to use the rivet gun for 100s. He comes to you. I’ve replaced all our windshields with him.
I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Oh well. Thanks for replying though.
No worries there are plenty of other techs there that can do it. Andrew was just one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom