Any negative experiences with Ironman leaf springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Specifically for a 75 series pickup. 1989 in my case.

I ordered individual parts recently while there was a sale. Shackles, bushings, u-bolts, and front/rear leaf springs. Kits were all listed as out of stock.

I have never used or considered Ironman, but the main store/warehouse is local and the sale was appealing. Some basic searching found that people were generally positive so I went for it.

All the parts I received looked great except for the rear springs. The two rears they sent were obviously different dimensionally and appeared to be made by different companies. One spring was longer overall and the spring pin location appeard to be in a different location relative to the fixed end. Upon taking some measurements I discovered that the spring pin location varies by 1/2" between the two.

After exchanging some emails and sending some pics over several days they decided to send me another rear assuming it would match one of the two I already had. Unfortunately it did not. This new spring has no pads between the leaf ends and looks like its possibly made by another supplier. Its closer to one of the others with a 3/16 variation in spring pin location.

The front springs were fine. They are stiff so I plan to remove one or two leaves per their instructions.

Im not writing to bash them and resolution is still ongoing. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. Is this a rare case because there is not much demand for 75 series rear springs in the US?

i got a set of Ironman 23 years ago on my FJ55 and was quite happy with them, so i got them again for the Troopy. i assume they arent made in the same place they were 20 yrs ago but 2 yrs in now and there seems to be nothing subpar about them.

i removed the 3rd and 5th leaves from all four corners and they broke in nicely, i would say they sit pretty darn close to stock factory new unsagged height, ride well, flex well, all is well in my suspension universe.

Im not writing to bash them and resolution is still ongoing. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. Is this a rare case because there is not much demand for 75 series rear springs in the US?
i realize i didnt answer your ACTUAL question, i guess because my experience was positive.

however, i am wondering what the outcome was. if you dont mind to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom