Any DLC 100s going to HIH? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two stucks and a blown bead, then Frank hitting the switchbacks.

IMG_20190725_163439527.jpg

IMG_20190725_163454128_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190725_193531336_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190725_193338143_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190725_193334420_HDR.jpg

Those views... Wow. Looks like an amazing trip

HIH signup is this Sunday! Be on the site when it goes live because it sells out in a few minutes.

We'll be hitting the road early on Friday, July 17th. Travel 2.5 days, then roam around and camp for a few days and arrive in Silverton on Wed. 7/22. Coming back on Sunday 26th. All are welcome to caravan along and camp

Signup is today at 7pm. be on the website pressing refresh when it goes live to get in

@booradley did you make the cut?
he did. They had over 300 people on the website trying to signup for 100 spots. Some of them either timed out or took too long and tickets became available again after the first rush.

I had my computer and phone both refreshing and got in on both. I finished on the computer and filled it out as fast as I could. The spot on my phone said sold out. People can complain all they want but there really isn't a fairer way to do it.

Last edited:
I made it, but I was about to get ticked off. At exactly 7:00 I hit "Register," and after a one-second pause it said "Sold out." Which seemed highly suspect. But apparently people kept getting timed out while trying to register so I kept trying and got it in about 10 minutes.

Damn. cancelled. The #southerncruisers group is still heading out somewhere that week. Maybe half CO and half Montana or something.
**HIHX UPDATE**

So we’re in a pretty tough spot here. Colorado’s latest public health order still has a maximum gathering restriction of 10 people and we have 388 people registered. We’ve weighed a ton of options and came to the realization that a traditional 100s in the Hills simply couldn’t happen this year.

We’re a different event. Staying apart isn’t what we do. We shake hands and hug and high five. We sit and eat dinner too close together and we stand around a campfire next to each other talking and laughing late into the evening. Our kids play and run around together. And let’s be honest, most of us haven’t showered in a few days either. Health and safety is our number one priority and the logistics of working around the state and local restrictions proved to be impossible.

We are officially postponing HIHX until July 27 – August 1st 2021.

-Everyone will receive a refund within the next 3-4 days. (minus the PayPal and Eventbrite transfer fees. Approx. $15)

-Your spot for HIHX 2021 is secure. We will have a private registration for next year’s event that will open prior to regular registration and will give you the first opportunity to confirm your spot. Any leftover spots will be available to those not registered for this year’s event.

-You will also receive an email shortly explaining more details

Not being able to get together in the traditional sense completely changes our summer vacation plans, but it won’t stop us from getting out and enjoying some trails together. Here’s the plan…

HIH2020 - The VirtuALL Escape

HIH2020 will be the first virtual-gathering offroad event that we know of. Your vacation plans have already been made so you might as well get out and enjoy some trail time in your local area, far from home, or even in the mountains of Colorado. We’re calling this event - HIH 2020 The VirtuALL Escape. It’s open to everyone and will take place during July 22 – August 22 2020. A month-long virtual event that we will all participate in either from our home area or out and about throughout the country. There will undoubtedly be mini groups that get together and run trails. Chris and I plan to be in the mountains around Silverton for most of the first week of the event. We’re considering a virtual scavenger hunt with challenges for everyone that can be featured on social media. We have some great ideas that should keep this fun for everyone. There is obviously no cost and no registration, we just want everyone to get out and learn a new area on their own.

We have partnered with Cruiser Gear for a HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape t-shirt that we are super excited about. Everyone knows the deal, HIH isn’t a money making event and we are keeping the shirt somewhat limited because we didn’t have the money to create and purchase a large quantity of t-shirts without knowing how many might sell. Having a cool shirt available will also help us cover the costs for this year’s event that were not refundable to us. We keep a small amount of leftover money each year to cover website costs and pay for our insurance, permitting and general costs. We tried to create a shirt that folks would want to have and we’ve chosen the highest quality shirts and worked with Cruiser Gear to come up with a great design that represents what we’re attempting to do. We hope you’ll like it. We'll make an announcement as soon as the shirt is live on Cruiser Gear's website. (very soon)

Expect more info to come shortly. We wanted to get the initial information out as soon as we could. We have some cool ideas for the VirtuALL event and expect folks to enjoy the challenges. It is what it is and as much as we’d like to all be together in Silverton, it just isn’t possible this year. We hope to see you out and about, we hope to see your local area and we truly hope that you’ll purchase a shirt and participate in the HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape with us. We will be back and better than ever next year for the HIHX celebration. Stay tuned on here, on our website and on social media.

Instagram: @100sintheHills
Facebook : 100s in the Hills

Where in Montana?
We're planning the trip again. We still are going to swing through Silverton at some point to meet up with some other 100s, but the rest of the week is being re-routed. We had a trip laid out in caltopo before the cancellation

Where in Montana?
We're planning the trip again. We still are going to swing through Silverton at some point to meet up with some other 100s, but the rest of the week is being re-routed. We had a trip laid out in caltopo before the cancellation
Think we're doing Montana and the Dakotas next trip.

Looks like we'll go to Taos, NM for a night, then to CO for Hermit Pass, then Salida, Beuna Vista, Crested Butte, Owl Creek Pass then Silverton for a few nights to meet some other 100s, then head back.

Update: the chinavirus cancelled HIH and then our trip plans due to conflicts and illnesses that arrived with everyone of our crew, but we are going in July 2021 since our registration carries over. A late fall trip is in the works, maybe to big bend, and a two week trip including a stop in CO for HIH is already in the works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom