Any Divide or Woodland Park experts on here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Best to ask your questions, lots of us frequent the area. @black95 lives up there also.

I’m still a big fan of Woodland Park. The schools are awesome. People are friendly. You don’t hear about much crime, other than the Kelsey Barreth ordeal. I’ve never had anything stolen. There isn’t much to do up here, but we do have a small movie theater. The restaurants up here are all terrible. The best Mexican food in Woodland Park comes from the Taco Bell. Haha. We do have the Paradox Brewery though, and that’s a lot of fun.
As far as the commute- it depends on time and season. I go to work early. I’m down the pass at 5:50 every morning, and it’s pretty sparse traffic. It’s a bit more packed between 6:30-8:00. The County does an amazing job of keeping the pass plowed. That has never been an issue In the 12 years I’ve lived up here. Of course, I do drive a Jeep Wrangler JKUR, which is an outstanding vehicle in bad conditions. It can get pretty daunting up here in the summer season. Fridays getting home, the pass is plugged up with RV’s. Same thing Sunday afternoon. They’re not my biggest complaint though, the loud ass Harley Davidson bikes are. I hate those damn loud ass things, and the douches that ride them. Lol.
All in all, it’s a great community. You couldn’t pay me to live in the Springs or Denver.
Oh, and one other thing- it’s always 10 degrees cooler up here than what the Springs is. If you don’t like the cold, it might not be for you.

JKUR...sounds like a WW II era German bomber....lol

It might be. I am pretty sure JKUR means “badass” in another language. I just don’t know which one. :)

When I saw this post earlier I thought, “Man Luke, this guy set up a giant soap box with your name all over it!” 😜Glad you obliged! But your not wrong on any of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom