antique tags and insurance - 1988 Celica Alltrac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DMV called. The inspection is for anything 1980 or earlier because of the different/shorter vin format. He said he gets the question all the time which indicates they need to update the website. ;<)

He said go to dmv and register for an antique plate and will be good to go.

Shipping update - Arrival is scheduled on 3/10/2021
Who did you buy the Alltrac from?
My experience when I go the 1981 FJ43 from a dealer in FL:
  • Haggerty insured, no question about where it was stored or parked.
  • Took all purchase docs, title, and insurance info to DMV, paid taxes and no issues
  • Walked out with plate and registration, no inspection needed
  • Title will be mailed to me later, they claim to have covid backlog
I can check the MYDMV website, where all your vehicles are, and the 43 is in there with valid title number, registration number, and plate.

Some Al @lt1fire fella in Washington State. ;<)

Yes, going tomorrow after the title arrives and then the mods begin. ;<)

It seems there is a different process when buying from individual vs buying from a dealer. Or being government the process is whatever they want to or remember to do at any time.

It seems there is a different process when buying from individual vs buying from a dealer. Or being government the process is whatever they want to or remember to do at any time.
True

I just told hagerty $10k as stated value and there were no questions. I may move all the 100s over. After the 1999 incident. I want stated value on all 3 100s. I can't replace them for what I paid for them and I have no interest arguing with insurance on a low production vehicle they know nothing about and will try to use KBB.

Just did an insurance quote for the bronco and 80.
With the cruiser(8,000 miles a year) outside and the bronco (3,000 miles a year) in the garage it was $347 for 6 months.

That is with a 10k stated value for the bronco and 15k for the cruiser.

The bronco is actually about to become my DD runabout (I work from home) until the cruiser is ready to take over for that.

Went with hagerty. Alltrac is suppose to arrive tomorrow. Thank you all for the inputs.
I'd love to know what you paid for it. I sold mine in 94 after I bought my M3. It was hard to sell as most people didn't know what an All-Trac was. I ended up listing it in AutoWeek (is that still around?) I think I got like 10K for it.

I'd love to know what you paid for it. I sold mine in 94 after I bought my M3. It was hard to sell as most people didn't know what an All-Trac was. I ended up listing it in AutoWeek (is that still around?) I think I got like 10K for it.
He got a good deal ;)
Well below what the market currently is. When I sell to friends I don't try to make any money off of them, so basically it was what I bought it for myself not including the money and time I dumped into it afterwards. Andrew can tell you if he wants it doesn't matter to me but that's up to him. I'd say in the open market I could have easily gotten 3-4k more at the time, more now, but I wanted it to go to someone I knew would treat it right and I could see it from time to time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom