Another off schedule trip to the gulches on Sept. 3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan to run Predator and Metberry Gulches this Saturday, September 3, in my FJ 40. You all are welcome to join me. Meet up will be at the Phillips 66 in Divide around 7-ish a.m. By leaving early, there should be plenty of time to hang out at the river.
Vic
71nine4threenine9six0two

Huh ... I'd like to go. One of my favorite trails, and I'd like to see if my low range fixes work on something steep. But not sure I can get everything put back together tonight.

This was a scary trip for me, it was a much more difficult trail than I expected for my mall crawler, but I made it through most of Predator trail with help from Vic and Dave spotting. I stopped before the extension, which Vic said was impassable even with his 40. I needed all lockers engaged to get past one of the stages on the way out.
I was surprised my rig could handle the drops because I have 315/75/16‘s with virtually no lift (OME stock height lift) and a trailer hitch. No sliders, no under armor, and mud flaps are still installed. I also didn’t disconnect the front sway bars. Tires aired down to ~25 psi.

My two kids and two dogs enjoyed the ride. I was puckered.

Thank you Vic and Dave!

This was a scary trip for me, it was a much more difficult trail than I expected for my mall crawler, but I made it through most of Predator trail with help from Vic and Dave spotting. I stopped before the extension, which Vic said was impassable even with his 40. I needed all lockers engaged to get past one of the stages on the way out.
I was surprised my rig could handle the drops because I have 315/75/16‘s with virtually no lift (OME stock height lift) and a trailer hitch. No sliders, no under armor, and mud flaps are still installed. I also didn’t disconnect the front sway bars. Tires aired down to ~25 psi.

My two kids and two dogs enjoyed the ride. I was puckered.

Thank you Vic and Dave!
Sounds like my first ever trip on Metberry. Looked at chicken scratch hill an said NFW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom