Another Lift and Tire Combo Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have done some searches and have found some helpful info but I have a very specific question. I just bought a 2007 GX, and am planning to put an OME 2.5" lift on it and want to run 285/70/17 Cooper ST Maxx on TRD Pro 4-runner wheels. Am I going to be ok doing this setup? I'm sure I'll have to use the torch on the inner plastic up front, but other than I don't think I'll have any issues. Would love to see some pictures of your setup if you have that exact combo (or very similar).

Also, when I go the take out the bags on the rear suspension, how tricky is that going to be? I know I'll have to pull the fuses for the check engine light, but how big of a pain the rear going to be?

Thanks in advance.

I have a dobinsons 2.5” lift on 285 St maxx with first gen tundra wheels and this is how it looks. I love it but I’m probably swapping wheels in the nearish future

2FCCED09-AF01-438C-AD8B-FC5A17C13AFE.jpeg

BE931F88-BF45-457C-8597-5B165B768D81.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. That looks great! Do you have any rubbing issues?

I had rubbing in the front and back of the front wheels so I cut the front bumper a bit (you can kind of see it in the picture) as well as a BMC and now I can go full flex lock to lock with no rubbing

I had rubbing in the front and back of the front wheels so I cut the front bumper a bit (you can kind of see it in the picture) as well as a BMC and now I can go full flex lock to lock with no rubbing
Gotcha, what is a BMC? And can you show me what your fenders look like close up and how you cut them? I’m assuming a sawzall or something.

Thanks

If you look in the first pic you can see where some plastic is missing. I cut more than I needed to just because I plan to run a steel bumper at some point so I wasn’t worried about cutting up my stock bumper. I used a multi tool with a fine tooth metal blade and it cut like a hot knife through butter. The second pic is the BMC (Body Mount Chop). Pretty common on Toyota/Lexus vehicles running oversized tires. Some people don’t like it, and many others don’t mind, all depends what your desires are with the vehicle and what you actually plan to do with it

5B35990F-DA66-487D-AF48-3DD5FB801478.jpeg

E089313A-614F-4A08-834F-C2AB6CF3D50E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom