Another fun tow hook use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sandroad

SILVER Star
Threads
A large (12” diameter) jack pine tipped over in a recent storm and blocked the driveway to my U.P. cabin. It got hung up half way down in a nearby tree, so it wasn’t safe to tackle with a chainsaw. My wife used her bow to shoot an arrow with a string attached over the tipped tree trunk near the top. I then pulled a couple long tow straps from my recovery kit over the pine, ran the strap through the tow hook, and pulled the tree to the ground. A few minutes later it was in chunks small enough to move off the drive. Teamwork and a few horsepower rules. The tree was 86 years old.

Tree.jpg

A large (12” diameter) jack pine tipped over in a recent storm and blocked the driveway to my U.P. cabin. It got hung up half way down in a nearby tree, so it wasn’t safe to tackle with a chainsaw. My wife used her bow to shoot an arrow with a string attached over the tipped tree trunk near the top. I then pulled a couple long tow straps from my recovery kit over the pine, ran the strap through the tow hook, and pulled the tree to the ground. A few minutes later it was in chunks small enough to move off the drive. Teamwork and a few horsepower rules. The tree was 86 years old.

View attachment 3374367
The bow and arrow trick is pretty slick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom