An Introduction from a fellow Hoosier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys!
Benji sent me a link to his group.

To begin, I am Arjun.Currently a Senior in high school. In the fall I intend to attend Wabash College. I have acquired a '94 LC, it was my fathers. It only has about 97,000 miles on it, however it has developed a little rust in places from sitting. I had the head gasket replaced in October of '08. And hoping to do much more with it. If I could find someone in NW IN to advise me, that would be great.

Hope to talk to you a lot.

-Arjun

Welcome Arjun!:flipoff2: <--(MUD Salute, not a bad thing)

This is a great group of guys, if I do say so myself, most willing to help a fellow cruiser head out. Impromtu tech sessions are starting to pop up, so just give the board a jingle when you need help and I'm sure one or more of us will be able to lend a hand.

Arjun, I have no advice for help in NW Ind but Welcome to the sickness!!
If you are looking for a good mechanic you can trust to work on your LC, I suggest word mouth from people you trust.
Of course the best thing to do is get your self a shop manual and dive in.

Arjun, I have no advice for help in NW Ind but Welcome to the sickness!!
If you are looking for a good mechanic you can trust to work on your LC, I suggest word mouth from people you trust.
Of course the best thing to do is get your self a shop manual and dive in.

Where an i supposed to find a shop manual? I have only been able to find after market ones. I called the dealership to find out if i could order one... The guy was flabbergasted that i would even ask to buy a manual this was his quote "Repair Manual? why the H3LL would you want one when you can just bring the vehicle in?"

In the end after much exclamation, he told me that they didnt have any...

I keep trying to find a decent mechanic, but everyone that i can find around here is either part of a franchise, or a racing shop.

I have been looking on the site, and cant find an answer to this Q, Whats the difference between an FJ80 and an FZJ80?

Oh, any suggestions about rusting, that is under the truck?

Where an i supposed to find a shop manual? I have only been able to find after market ones. I called the dealership to find out if i could order one... The guy was flabbergasted that i would even ask to buy a manual this was his quote "Repair Manual? why the H3LL would you want one when you can just bring the vehicle in?"

In the end after much exclamation, he told me that they didnt have any...

I keep trying to find a decent mechanic, but everyone that i can find around here is either part of a franchise, or a racing shop.

I have been looking on the site, and cant find an answer to this Q, Whats the difference between an FJ80 and an FZJ80?

Oh, any suggestions about rusting, that is under the truck?

FJ80 came with the 3fe 4.0L motor

FZJ80 came with the 1fzfe 4.5L motor

Have fun trying to find a local mechanic that needs more than one hand to count their IQ.

You want a "Factory Service Manual"

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, i have to agree with you about the mechanics. The only decent one I have found is at the dealership... but they charge like none other. I remember I took my LC to Car-x or something for a quick oil change (didnt have time to do it myself), they had never seen a LC... needless to say i was rather surprised.

I'll call tomorrow and ask about the service manual.

Hello Arjun
I have a 94 and I got my manual on Ebay or here in the classifieds, I can't remember which but I would do a search on "Factory Service Manual" and there should be a thread that gives a number you can call to get one. Good luck with that and welcome. There are several 94s in the club, even a parts truck.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Land Cruisers.

Listed below are some terms you should get to know.

Cruiseritus: A disease for which there is no known cure. (as if anyone would want one)

Junk: a term of endearment for our beloved Cruisers.

Spotting: Something Ron doesn't understand.

Lead the way: Something you never say to Carl

Follow me: Something you never do when Carl says it.

Fawkin low: Jons (4rnr) gears

Mash the skinny pedal: What Dan does...often

Charcoal police : Bill

Zilch bag: well you'll just have to spend a weekend wheeling with us to find out that one.

Hahaha! Thanks hopefully i'll get to know you guys a lot better. And I just took a look at the map, from where i will be at school the next four years, the badlands is only about a 30 min. or so drive! So whenever you guys go out there, I'll be able to be there no problem.

Thanks for the info about the guys, unfortunately, I have no clue how to match up user-name and actual name, since no one really puts their name down! lol

Arjun, Where are you in NWI? I used to work at Lakeshore Toyota in Chesterton (I94 & RT20). Those guys are a great bunch. They really know their stuff. You can call Paul in the parts department and ask about the service manual, he may be able to help you. There is a special phone number they have to call to check on them. It's not like looking up a regular part. Good luck!

I'm in Schererville. I think I got that number from the dealership around here, Team Toyota. I decided to wait and see what i could find on here. They wanted something like $120 for it. Too bad youre not up here anymore, I need to find some guys from around here...

Welcome,manuals are frequently found on e-bay quite cheap. Join your local club ,good source for learning and help. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom