Amberblast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just completed our '36 foot weedcutter, and coincidentally ran out of slag and sand.

Did some research on "new" abrasives, and acquired a product called , amberblast. Apparently it is a by product from paper mills in Neenah. They (Epic Minerals) get all of this by product and produce 3 different grits. It is the color of gravel, so it kind of blends in.:cool:

I sent our paint supplier up to the green lake area, and he picked up 20 bags for me (on the house). Now I have blasted about a dozen parts on my fj, but I want to experiment with this new abrasive.

I will let you know how it works. Apparently it is 100% silica free, and the choice for doing metal.

I prolly should be doing a build up thread, maybe when I get a digital camera, after all I am the last person I know to get a computer.......:beer::beer:

Huh... solids from the liquor clarifier used as blast media???

Why didn't I think of that? :doh:

Fred

Ya- update on the amber-crap.....

I blasted all the hinges, bezel, bib, hood, license bracket, and hoods for the bracket, skid plates, and spare tire rim.And the other apron. Soon I will have pics, but not a build up thread. It would take way too many yrs. to complete....

This is my report on the medium grit amberblast.

Don't use it, unless you plan on sanding EVERYTHING after finish coating.

I have pics but won't be able to post until i get my gay disposable camera developed and on film. In my profession, it doesn't pay to have a digital cam.

I have blasted a number of other things,(On my current fj) but with the outlawed silica sand. If you can get away with it, I would recommend it due to the nice polish and non-pitting of the steel.

that is all I need to say:mad::mad::mad::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom