Amazon auto box would not drive and engine managment light on. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi..i have a 2001 4.7lts 40th anniversary amazon..does anyone know if i have a big problem here but i stopped at a junction and was about to take off again and the car would not drive it just sat there and the what looks like the engine managment light lit up on the dash..i turned off the car sat a few seconds then started it and it drove away like nothing was wrong with no light showing and it has a smooth gear change with no noise..anyone got an idea whats was wrong..thanks.

Did the car stall? Or did it just not respond? If it stalled, it could be the TPS acting up, which really would not be a big problem at all. As long as it drove off fine and you're not having continual problems, you should be fine.

Hi..no it just did not respond in drive ment to add it did reverse when i put it into that just would not drive forward till all was turn off then started again..it is driving perfect now kicks down goes like a rocket smooth gear chain,ATF fluid spot on..could it just of been a glitch in the ecu..just strange no forward drive.

Read FAQ on APPS/ TPS problems

or pull the CEL code so you will really know what is going on. The code is still stored despite the light going off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom