All-pro = awesome? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I already bought their crossover kit, and know Im looking at their front leaf springs. Ive seen there trucks in person and all over online, its good s!!t but is it the best?

I know to stay away from trail-gear...but are there different springs that are close to same price that would be better quality?

basically is my judgement being clouded by a name?

kinda noob to the 4x4 suspension sceen...I always just rocked my 85 stock with better shocks and 33"s

but Id still buy new ones Im not going to put used springs on this thing...

and then thatd save me? allpro are $270+ shipping and I cant imagine new rears are much cheaper....

Why stay away from TrailGear?

I use lots of their springs.

Get sum marlin springs.:popcorn:

I'm pretty sure that was the joke...

but Id still buy new ones Im not going to put used springs on this thing...

and then thatd save me? allpro are $270+ shipping and I cant imagine new rears are much cheaper....

what is wrong with used , stock rears can be had for $50.00 a set , mix and match to get the desired ride and flex , and those new springs that you want to buy , are only new till you mount them:D

I run the rears up front and they are a custom pack but all used leafs, got them for free but i could of got junkyard ones for 50bucks they flex great. The guy who gave me the rears said he used to have them on his 81 pickup up front but he put some trail gear ones on instead he told me that he actually likes the rears better! That said i have a set a trail gear ones im ready to put on only because ive beat the crap out of these rears and they sag a bit to much now but thats years and years of abuse just some thing to think about

Last edited:
All Pro is just fine. They made Marlin's springs for a long time, originated hi-steer and were the first to mass-produce SAS kits. My truck is AP front to back, with the exception of the tcases (Marlin) and rear axle (Diamond).

As far as "the best." That's subjective. Depends on what you're looking for.

HMMMMM....:bang:

if I set it up for rears I couldnt "upgrade" to AP without moving mounts?

would it only be moving mounts? this is under a 2wd 4runner frame

:bang::bang::bang:

and thanks for the opinions preciate it!!

Allpro's springs are nice. I have several 79-95 toyotas with lifts from all of the usual suspects and for street/rockcrawling the allpro sas'ed regular cab is the winner.

all pro bumpers are limp wristed and weak though

Dunno - pretty impressed with mine. They're DOM, though. I do think that Marlin improved on the original AP rear bumper with the frame braces, which mine doesn't have.

HMMMMM....:bang:

if I set it up for rears I couldnt "upgrade" to AP without moving mounts?

would it only be moving mounts? this is under a 2wd 4runner frame

:bang::bang::bang:

and thanks for the opinions preciate it!!

HUH? I'm honestly not sure what you're asking. If you're talking about RUF, there's no reason to not use the 1" forward hanger that you would use with AP... works just fine for RUF or AP springs. Better yet, build your own hanger with both options.

I've been told that the online stores all have pretty much the same equipment in their kits...springs, hy-steer setups, etc...just re-badged with their brand. Not sure on how true this may be, but it kind of makes sense...all the kits are about the same, all cost about the same, and pictures show a LOT of the same stuff.

I've been told that the online stores all have pretty much the same equipment in their kits...springs, hy-steer setups, etc...just re-badged with their brand. Not sure on how true this may be, but it kind of makes sense...all the kits are about the same, all cost about the same, and pictures show a LOT of the same stuff.

not entirely true... You have to look at the history of the SAS kits to understand the similarities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom