Airbag Delete Question to save some $ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at eventually removing my rear airbags and replacing with a lift.

It looks like metal tech sells the kits for $270.

I am looking at saving some money and need to order some order parts for my gx. Would this part work from partsouq?

4830260080 Toyota SPRING SUB-ASSY, HOLLOW, Price: 41.73$, Weight: 1.079kg - PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World x2 paired with this kit below

can I order the metaltech stage 1 from partsouq or are those non OEM parts?

For the bottom mount of the spring, you can save some money by piecing together your own hardware:
  • 2 hockey pucks (~$14 for a pack of 4 on Amazon)
  • Energy Suspension 15.6103G Coil Spring Isolator (~$17 on Amazon)
  • nuts and bolts from local hardware store (~$3-5)
It seems janky but the hockey pucks are a perfect fit in the spring isolator. You just need to drill a hole through the pucks big enough to get the bolt and nut through. I don't remember what size and length bolt I used but I think I looked at the installation guide (PDF) for MetalTech's kit and copied them.

Edit: Attached pictures of my janky conversion.

2020-09-02 17.48.14.jpg

2020-09-02 17.47.36.jpg

Last edited:
Cheapskate/enjoy DIY options question - are those two pucks stacked for each coil? and recommendations on the bolt size?

This is Dobinson kit for stock swap. Its for my GX460 but I have an OME lift under my GX470. I have been an offroad jeeper since 14 years old. I am just going to say this. Suspension is no place to be cutting corners. Do it right or dont do it at all.

20211207_160004.jpg

Cheapskate/enjoy DIY options question - are those two pucks stacked for each coil? and recommendations on the bolt size?

Just one puck per side. For the bolt sizes, I just looked at the installation instructions on Metaltech's kit and used the same bolt sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom