AHC front height discrepence? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1998 LX470 and I'm still playing catch up from the last two owners. Just started playing with the AHC system. Got the pressure on the System corrected to spec but now (and before too) the Lt side is about an inch lower......which was measures from the ground to the fender. Yes that's not how the FSM says to measure it. I did tighten the t-bars......which had never been done before ~5 turns each. Monitoring the system pressure with the mini cci cable after each time to get the to specs.

Now back off the right and tighten the left??? still learning....any advise would be appreciated.

Planning on dumping the system in the future, but gonna keep it going for a while while I'm getting all the parts.

Thanks,

Todd H

...via IH8MUD app

You want to reestablish your cross level incrementally, add say two turns to the low side, take off two from the high side, accurately measure and repeat until you get your vehicle level within .25 inch. Now adjust for pressures, if less than 6.9 back off both TBs same amount, if higher than 6.9 add same amount to both TBs. Now, if necessary, adjust for overall height by tweaking the adjuster links on front and or rear height sensors. Cw to raise IIRC. Hopefully by adjusting cross level and then pressure you won't need to fiddle with height sensors. Search under AHC FSM for the PDF procedure if you need it. You may need new coils or packers for the rear too.

I agree with the incremental attempts to correct this. Hopefully I won't need any sensor adjustment. Thanks for the advice. Will have time to tweak on it next weekend. Wish it was this weekend.

Thanks,

Todd H.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom