Aftermarket Taillight options for 06 LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. Does anyone know if anything currently on the aftermarket scene fits and matches the OEM led taillights for the 06/07 LX? Mine has a crack in the lens and the LED portion doesn’t work anymore. (Don’t know if it can be fixed). But I’d like to know if anyone has replaced one of their four lenses and if it matches. Than.

Update:
I pulled the trigger on eBay one. It worked out. Had to trim the foam on the back of the light just a bit because the light didn’t sit flush with the other light. Quality is pretty good. The LEDs burn just a tad less bright than OEM. Like a 9/10 on brightness. Hardly noticeable. And the price vs oem is unbeatable.

844A23A6-8AFE-4ACE-AEC3-6269D641E6B0.png

Last edited:
I believe this is what you need.
  • 2006+ Tail Lamps (outer) RH #81551-60760, LH #81561-60680

I believe this is what you need.
  • 2006+ Tail Lamps (outer) RH #81551-60760, LH #81561-60680
Thanks for the link. But I need lamp for the LX470 not Cruiser.

Hello. Does anyone know if anything currently on the aftermarket scene fits and matches the OEM led taillights for the 06/07 LX? Mine has a crack in the lens and the LED portion doesn’t work anymore. (Don’t know if it can be fixed). But I’d like to know if anyone has replaced one of their four lenses and if it matches. Than.
View attachment 3081901View attachment 3081901
Have You checked out ebay? they have hundreds? all guaranteed to fit perfectly?

Have You checked out ebay? they have hundreds? all guaranteed to fit perfectly?
Yes I have. That’s why I made this post. I wanna know if anyone has gone the eBay route so they can tell me if they match the oem ones. I’m not looking to get the whole set. Just the one I need. So I wanna make sure it looks the same, with the same pattern and light output.

Yes I have. That’s why I made this post. I wanna know if anyone has gone the eBay route so they can tell me if they match the oem ones. I’m not looking to get the whole set. Just the one I need. So I wanna make sure it looks the same, with the same pattern and light output.
Flo, I've bought used OEM, New OEM & aftermarket on there, from DLR's, DLR Buyout Companies, individuals who sold the vehicle & found the spares forgetting they had them, in the garage; all aftermarkets are usually perfectly matched (unless You what 'that look', of something completely different), I've bought 'em for: 1970 Midget, 1959 MGA, 1st Gen Tundra, Fords, Dodges, '66 long bed Chevy Straight 6 P/U, Hondas, Harleys, Indians, MB's & BMW's, Never, EVER been disappointed (other than damaged in shipping, 3x in 23 yrs, obviously wasn't sellers fault & they made good in Days). Often I've found OEM for Less then AfterMkt? Just gotta be patient, & Your lens looks like You could do that for a little while? We had 2, '98 C230's, their front lens cover had crappy glue bonding it to the turn signal housing so driving down the road (usually about 80mph+/-) after abt. 10 yrs the lens would just peel off & go it's merry way while exposing Your bulbs & housing....real PITA. after this happened 3 x, i got smart. W/Next order & all existing, I Epoxied the danged lens covers on. It was't a Dealer/Seller issue, it was a Manufacturer issue (& every 1 purchased was OEM). I would look for the sellers w/monster high FB Ratings, 100% customer satisfaction & reasonable prices. Ebay also offers You a money back guarantee on any purchase You make there....it's pretty much fail safe? (Fair disclosure: We've been selling parts & supplies/antiques, etc. there ,since 1998)
HTH?

Flo, Just grabbed "Yezus" vitals & did a quick search "lexus 8156160510" on ebay, 13 listed, all but 1 are MORE than dealer Yezus cited (although that's also a Lexus/Toy dlr, selling pts on ebay) so obviously lots of ppl are banging these up or getting rr ended, & mix in a little supply chain BS, but ALL of these are OEM? They want more for Used than You can buy new? OEM is OEM, by law. I'd go w/the $143. factory match unless buying both from an aftermarket vendor, b/c A.M. seldom if ever matches perfectly fm side to side? They may look the same, rarely, at night, will they look Exactly the same. HTH?

Flo, I've bought used OEM, New OEM & aftermarket on there, from DLR's, DLR Buyout Companies, individuals who sold the vehicle & found the spares forgetting they had them, in the garage; all aftermarkets are usually perfectly matched (unless You what 'that look', of something completely different), I've bought 'em for: 1970 Midget, 1959 MGA, 1st Gen Tundra, Fords, Dodges, '66 long bed Chevy Straight 6 P/U, Hondas, Harleys, Indians, MB's & BMW's, Never, EVER been disappointed (other than damaged in shipping, 3x in 23 yrs, obviously wasn't sellers fault & they made good in Days). Often I've found OEM for Less then AfterMkt? Just gotta be patient, & Your lens looks like You could do that for a little while? We had 2, '98 C230's, their front lens cover had crappy glue bonding it to the turn signal housing so driving down the road (usually about 80mph+/-) after abt. 10 yrs the lens would just peel off & go it's merry way while exposing Your bulbs & housing....real PITA. after this happened 3 x, i got smart. W/Next order & all existing, I Epoxied the danged lens covers on. It was't a Dealer/Seller issue, it was a Manufacturer issue (& every 1 purchased was OEM). I would look for the sellers w/monster high FB Ratings, 100% customer satisfaction & reasonable prices. Ebay also offers You a money back guarantee on any purchase You make there....it's pretty much fail safe? (Fair disclosure: We've been selling parts & supplies/antiques, etc. there ,since 1998)
HTH?
How many of those aftermarket lenses you purchased were LED? The array of LEDs will not match OEM. You might not realize it but the person driving behind you at night will.

How many of those aftermarket lenses you purchased were LED? The array of LEDs will not match OEM. You might not realize it but the person driving behind you at night will.
As the lawyers love to say "Asked & Answered". 2nd follow up post: "OEM is OEM, by law. I'd go w/the $143. factory match unless buying both from an aftermarket vendor, b/c A.M. seldom if ever matches perfectly fm side to side? They may look the same, rarely, at night, will they look Exactly the same. HTH?"👍

Triumph, my lens would be fine with the little crack if it worked. But that light doesn’t work anymore unfortunately. Only the turn signal part, but the LED portion doesn’t. Wish I knew what to fix. Maybe it needs a resolder on the circuit board? Idk. I may have to go with what Yezus linked. Thank you for the link Y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom