Advice on selling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hope this is the right sub-forum for this post, if not can a moderator point me to the right place?

After A couple of years of rarely driving my 2000 LC , I think I want to try a different vehicle for fishing trips/camping. My LC is a low-miles (under 150K), well-maintained example, but needs some minor rust around the windshield bezel, and a new windshield. (The Safelite guy noticed the rust and advised getting it sorted).

So my questions are:
Should I get the windshield fixed before listing it?
And I would rather not sell if on Craigslist or FB, is this a good place to sell, or should I just bite the bullet and list it everywhere?

(I spent 14 years in the car business, and I'd rather not deal with the usual CL stuff)

Thanks in advance for any wisdom!
Cheers.
Jim

I would think you would get more takers if you took care of the rust but I would try and get photos of the repair incase the buyer wants to see the quality of the work. I would also be upfront that there was some rust there and that it was fixed. Post it on Mud for sale if you don't want to deal with the typical CL crowd. You could post it for sale here on mud and see if you get your asking price.

Also think that you are going to be hard pressed to find a better camping/fishing vehicle than what you already have unless you get another land cruiser like the 80 series :).

I would think you would get more takers if you took care of the rust but I would try and get photos of the repair incase the buyer wants to see the quality of the work. I would also be upfront that there was some rust there and that it was fixed. Post it on Mud for sale if you don't want to deal with the typical CL crowd. You could post it for sale here on mud and see if you get your asking price.

Also think that you are going to be hard pressed to find a better camping/fishing vehicle than what you already have unless you get another land cruiser like the 80 series :).
Thanks! I think you're right. I just came back from a dive down one of the worst US Forest service"Roads" and it was drama-free, thanks to the surefooted LC. The fish were parboiled, though, in the 78f McCloud river. Outside temps hanging around 105 for 4 days straight. Thank Gawd for Icey A/C in LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom