Advice on adding a second dog to the mix.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a 9 year old adopted mutt that I've had for 7 years. Recently, I've been thinking of bringing a puppy home as a companion for her. She loves large boy dogs, but is indifferent with girl dogs. Not aggressive by any means, but shows no interest. The puppy is a 14wk old male Cane Corso. They met tonight at the breeders, and as I figured, she really wanted nothing to do with him. I've heard most people say that it's normal for them to be like that for a while when a second dog is added, and then they eventually warm up and become inseparable. I know each dog is different, but what was your experience bringing a second dog into the mix? How did it work out for you? Here's a pic of the little chunker.

Cute pup.

Don't know about dogs but with felines slow is best. Reassure both that they are family.

Well that Corso will grow up to be a LARGE BOY DOG

We have one relatively small mutt from a rescue shelter that we have had for 6-7 years and recently took in a stray.
(60 Lbs Walker Hound) They were initially indiffent to other but are inseparable now.

I decided to pass on the puppy. While it probably would've worked out, I just couldn't live with myself if my old gal was miserable for the last few years of her life, and I couldn't bring myself to get him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom